3 Month business visa extension?

how many times can I legally extend a B3 visa without any supporting documentation?

I will be trying to start a business and get an investment license, but if it takes time I will need to extend the B3 visa.

When I read online there are many black market places offering 3 times, but I don't want to go black market and risk getting kicked out. Want to know how many times I can LEGALLY renew the visa. and if I need to have something to support it (like work permit, as I won't have this).

Are different areas different (I think so).

You can extend 2 times  :)

in Da Nang they said 1 time for 1 month. where is it 2 times for 3 months? (HaNoi / HoChiMinh)

also when I asked about extending they needed a work permit, which I won't have as I am not eligible.

I don't know about that. But I believe you can extend 2 times after the first entry.
Many people did in Vietnam. I am in HCMC. You can search and see in this website about similar topics.
https://www.expat.com/forum/219-3-visas-vietnam.html

smellymoo wrote:

in Da Nang they said 1 time for 1 month. where is it 2 times for 3 months? (HaNoi / HoChiMinh)

also when I asked about extending they needed a work permit, which I won't have as I am not eligible.

So is it in HCMC that I can renew 2 times 3 months each time?

The thing is that I will not have anything (no work permit, residency, etc) so when I asked at an official immigration office in Da Nang, they said that I need a work permit to get 1 month extension.

If I go to a travel agent, and get a visa extension even though it is clearly not allowed, will it cause me problems? for example will I get kicked out and black-listed? will anyone notice, etc?

but do you not need some supporting documentation? like work permit?

also where, as DaNang, HCMC and HaNoi are different right?