Annulment

I am moving to the Philippines in 7weeks and in the future wish to marry my partner. She was married for 7 weeks and her husband left her for another woman. They have been separated since 1990. Can this be enough grounds to obtain a speedy annulment .I would welcome the name of a competent and honest lawyer to assist this matter .in Calapan. Peurto Galera. Or Sabang.
Any help in this case would be greatly appreciated.

Speedy in the Philippines on such is 2 years and many Peso to the Attorney.    Most who live here say near imposable to do but for the rich.

Hi .thanks for that. We were quoted 400000 p for a 1 year annulment and 250000 for a 2 year. However,as you say its a complex business and can be more costly. I had the impression that it would continue to cost as we waited. It is very hard to find a lawyer who stays with his or her costs as it seems there is always more to pay.
I can see why a lot if people simply forget the annulment and live together or move to another country.
I will hope to find a lawyer to help us out and then we can get married .

Thanks for your reply.I am looking at all possibilities and am studying the legal aspects . It would seem to be a complex situation.however,I am confident that I will get there in the end.
Where in the Philippines are you located?

sir pegasus<
we have here in the philippines called PAO or Public Attorney's Office ..
that can help you on low cost or in free of charge...
the chairwoman of pao is - atty. acosta

you can contact her or search in FB then have some advice or to troubleshoot your problem.

Hi Thanks for the message.
Sounds interesting. Where is this located in the Philippines
I am really keen to get this problem sorted out to enable us to be married,
I have already read lots of legal documents and understand it is not going to be easy.
There are as I have discovered on my last visit firms who offer to solve the problem but just drag it on to obtain more money.

Hi Thank you for your message.
Where is this office located ?? Is there an E-mail address?
I am surprised that there is such an easy system. It begs the question if if its that good . Why is there so many people in the Philippines trying to get annulments??
Anywhere I have been the cost is very high and the process very long unless you pay very large sums of money.

Yes. During my time in Asia I have years of experience of the different systems. I know that when you say you are English the price goes up!!!
I am returning to Oriental Mindoro. in June .

they charged you too much. normally, its not even half the price that they have charged you. anyway, the success of the case will depend solely on your available evidence and how the lawyer will approach the case.

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls +register in the business directory > Lawyers in the Philippines)

Sir Pegasus

they quoted you tooooo much.. please check the background and the list of competent Lawyer.  Hire the one whose expertise is for ANNULMENT might you get the one whose into CRIMINAL cases.