Tablas Island Romblon.

Hi Everyone. I recently visited Tablas Island in Romblon group. What a beautiful place. I put out a few feelers there in regard to purchasing some land. If anyone knows about some land for sale, particularly in Ferrol or Looc, I could be interested. Farmland, near sandy beach, up to 2 hectares, flat,  clear title, fertile land, not rocky, town power, not too expensive. Zoned for both farming and home building, good access. PM me if you know of some land meeting approx. this spec.  Cheers

HI.  Unless you are married to a pinay, you won't be able to purchase land. Foreigners can not have free-hold.  In other words you can't hold title to land in the Philippines.  Maybe you can lease it, but even that could turn out to be a nightmare.  My advice is to not buy a house or land that would be titled to your girlfriend or wife. Maybe if you had a child with her it would be different because if you lost in separation it would be for the upkeep of your child.  Relationships can, and often do, go south fast, so you should think about protecting yourself in the event.  Wait till you have children before buying and building.  Don't let romance go to your head!

@casey63

Hello sir Casey I have a friend who sells a land on that particular Area

@casey63

Hello sir Cassey do you have a Filipana wife since you cannot buy land here in the Philippines, specifically in Tablas if your not a Filipino citizen or else you have married to a Filipina.  I have known lots for Sale in that area. I am originally born here in San Agustin Tablas Romblon.

Hi,

I am married to a Filipina wife and have invested in her name. We both live in the states and we are saving here as well. It is a risk as you can never own land there.

Ensure the relationship before investing money would be my thoughts. I told her when I was there we would live here for few years. She is well heeled through self reliance and does not practice some of the customs like supporting family. Her parents get an allowance but no one else. A gift here and there on holidays.

I guess, just be careful.