Trip to batanes

:);)  i like to visit batanes. im looking for best option, tips lng po pwede.

mag isa kalang ba? or ilan kayo? if you by group then hire a van, or go by travelling agency, a lot of travelling agency are offering local trips to batanes and other parts of luzon, usually the cost will be ranging from Php 2k and above per head, the more the participant the cheaper, like kung more than 15, you will go by tourist bus, mas cheaper na dahil marami na kayo, package will vary, may ibang agency cover na ang snacks at lunch or dinner, trips will usually start early morning, google mo lang you will find a lot of travelling agencies that offers trips to batanes and other areas. enjoy...

Thank you willy for da info.

i thought batanes  was an island  and that you had to fly there?

greenetravel wrote:

Yes, you are absolutely right. It is located on the top most part North of Luzon. :)

versan wrote:
greenetravel wrote:

Yes, you are absolutely right. It is located on the top most part North of Luzon. :)

Thanks for verifiying   -thats why i was wondering why previous poster  said you could go by bus

greenetravel wrote:
versan wrote:
greenetravel wrote:

Thanks for verifiying   -thats why i was wondering why previous poster  said you could go by bus

My sister lives in Batanes so I know. But I have not been there coz of pricey plane ticket ride. :) Hope this summer I can go.

There is no ferry boat available from the Cagayan Valley or Ilocos area.  I believe, it is only Philippine Airlines (PAL) that is offering, better to book ahead of time so you could get a lower/cheaper rate.

Just a suggestion   ;)

trixie andrea

beautiful sights.... but the plane tickets are a bit overpriced..... its cheaper to go out the country than to go to Batanes...

try metrodeal or livingsocial.ensogo, they usually have discounted trips, we got a 50% discount last year on a trip to Bora, plus our room was upgraded to suite because they were not ready for us

please post your experience should you proceed with your travel plans. It would be nice to find travel agents (contacts) who would not treat travelers as walking gold mines.

thanks.....

trixieandrea wrote:

There is no ferry boat available from the Cagayan Valley or Ilocos area.  I believe, it is only Philippine Airlines (PAL) that is offering, better to book ahead of time so you could get a lower/cheaper rate.

Just a suggestion   ;)

trixie andrea

hi , i read on a travel forum that there is a boat     MV Ivatan Princess which runs the Currimao, Ilocos Norte - Basco, Batanes route. It leaves Ilocos Norte at 8pm on Wednesdays and Sundays and arrives in Basco at 4pm the next day. From Basco, it leaves at 3pm on Tuesdays and10 pm on Fridays. Fare is PhP1,200 and travel time is about 18 hours

that is some expensive ferry.... and 18 hours....

how many hours from manila to get to that port?

might as well go straight to Basco, Batanes via plane from Manila if you only have a few days to spend...

jericho_expat wrote:

that is some expensive ferry.... and 18 hours....

how many hours from manila to get to that port?

might as well go straight to Basco, Batanes via plane from Manila if you only have a few days to spend...

hi ,no wouldnt really call it exp ferry -an 8hr ferry from elnido to coron  costs around 1500 i believe   ,you can check here for some details how to get to illocos norte     pinoyadventurista.com/2011/06/how-to-get-there-accommodations.html       current fare for a return flight on phil airlines  is around 14500  from manila to basco

thanks greenetravel

now its confirmed.... its expensive to go to batanes, surely its worth it.