Immigration Question

I will leave Vietnam in a few weeks to work in another country. However, I have been working at a school here for almost three months in four days (on the 2nd.) My school informed me yesterday that Immigration wants to check the status of the teachers. I have been in Vietnam since late September and extended my visa twice, but I never got a work permit since I will go teach elsewhere soon. Maybe I am just paranoid, but do you think the Immigration officer will see that I have been here since September and question why I don't have a permit or that my 90 day work period is almost up and cause me some trouble?

Tea money time! No worries

Tea money doesn't work in Buon ma Thuot.  I also got into this situation in Jan.  Another problem i had was i started off with a 1 month tourist visa, then had i it extended in HCMC and they give me a business visa for 3 month. When they came to the school i didn't have a work visa, after exam of my PP/visa they saw the business visa. I told them that is the way it is done in HCMC. They say unless it is done at the Immigration office it is no good to have business visa for work or tourist purpose. I was fined 250.00 usd for visa issue, 500.00 usd for working without work permit. And my visa was cancel, and i had 10 days to leave the country.

After reading your post, I noticed my visa extension was B3, which is for business. Damn. So they deported you back to your home country? Or you just had to leave and go anywhere but Vietnam?

Now I'm worried about this situation.

http://tuoitrenews.vn/society/17870/man … -tightened

What they did was change my exit date on my visa from Feb 27 till Jan 31. So i had to leave the country. I am planning on returning Mar 25 to get married. I talked with the Vietnam embassy in Washington today they say go through them so i prepared my visa appl and send a MO for 140.00 usd. The man tell me only the embassy can give you a 3 month TOURIST visa. All the VOA are restricted to a 1 month tourist but if the have a customer that wants a 3 month tourist visa they request a business visa,  The man also said that the business visa was been abused by tourist and they are checking them now,  I will let you know in about 6 days if i got the visa.

I m having some problem right now with my visa as well . My work permit or resident's card was canceled when I came back to Vietnam on feb 10 . Immigration told me to call a phone number . I didn't . I called the agent that issued me my card . She mentioned immigration rules Ve changed & advices me to take a 3 months visa. As I waited till today , she asked me to call another number & I was told by this guy that I Ve to leave vietnam now & return again .
Anyone with this problem , please kindly advice me . Thanks alot people .

Visa denied, see my  earlier post.
Sent my PP to the VN embassy in Washington for visa to return to marry. received a call from the embassy on  friday, the man say my request for the visa was denied. so i don't what i can do now.

A letter from your 'soon to be' to the Immigration Agent might help.  Also, have her over here in Vietnam discuss with the Immigration agent (face to face) to allow for such due to marriage.  The one month visitor should not be...you can get a 3 month for marriage if confirmed.  Just hope you have the 'arrangements' for such already done...like the paperwork submitted to the Vietnamese office to be married.   "Been there, done that"...cost of $700.US for a 3 yr temp residence card (TRC) in HCMC...good in HCMC, but not in DaNang...cancelled and girlfriend (soon to be wife) was able to sign for me as a sponsor for a 3 month visa.  Immigration was very polite and understanding...now have a 5 yr visa with no problems...if your 'soon to be' can't get the 'denied' removed from your passport information...sounds like your S O L.

As to Vietzzz...you might be hit with a fine if you are still around.  They usually allow for a period of up to 90 days for them to get a permit.  If you have a contract for 3 months or more from the school and even the B3 you shouldn't have a problem.  Usually depends on how much of a 'hard ass' the agent wants to be and how many dollars the school has paid in bribes in the past. They have really gone crazy over the past 6 months or so on cleaning up all the corruption and the schools not doing their work in hiring properly.  I quit working for the local schools over 3 years ago due to this reason.  University and business establishments are much better.  If I were you...I'd be headed to Cambodia...get a new 1 month visitor visa if you want back in and actually quit the school.   
The permit only takes less than 2 weeks to get and cost only 400,000 VND.  I'm working on getting my own 'work permit' now; all the paperwork is complete, only need the Department of Education to take a visual on the room I will be teaching in.

Good Luck