Please help, I am trying to locate my father's bank in Philippines.

My father was visiting the Philippines.  He suffered a major stroke.  I went to go bring him back home to the USA.   I medically transported him.  I went to his apartment, and it was emptied out.  His wallet missing.  He is paralyzed and speech impaired.  I am caring for him and his care has completely drained the family finances.  His bank was in Angeles.  He told me he was earning a heft interest on his account.  I went to several banks and because I did not have his Account Number they would not give me the time of day, even with a POA and attorney present.

Does anyone know how I can locate his funds that are seriously needed?  I will pay a finders fee.

Please help me.  I care for my father 24/7 and have not been able to make any headway on this pressing matter.   Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you,

I would hope that your Philippine attorney could provide far more useful assistance.  If not, it may be time to find a new attorney.

I would agree that your remedies are purely legal at this point. I assume you have gone through any letters, emails, anything where he might have mentioned what bank. A neighbor who have given directions, etc? A knowledgable attorney can draft court assistance to locate assets. It will take some time ( and money) but armed with appropriate document the bank will comply. Agree with comment you may need an attorney experienced in these matters. Many, in PI or US, are not.

Did your father do any banking transactions online? If so, perhaps if his computer is still available to you his account number may still be stored in the cache. If you check the navigation history of his web browser you should be able to find any sites that relate to banks. Clicking on the blank account and branch numbers should cause those numbers to be entered automatically if they're still in the cache. That should be all you need in order to then gain access to the funds with a POA and attorney present.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Talk to some of his friends in Angeles...If they can tell you which bank...Bribe a teller to tell you the account number...A few thousand pesos should do it...I wouldnt trust any lawyers...If they know there is a substantial amount in the bank they most assuredly will work against you and get whatever they can...Also if there is a bank card somewhere which he used for withdrawals or receipts that could give you a clue to the bank and account number...

Take this in the spirit it is intended. Absolutely stupid advice! First, you will pay and most likely get told "no account here." Second, if you get in caught they get fired, you get into legal troubleshot will cost you plenty. Not worth it.

He told me he was earning a heft interest on his account.

Interest rates are less than 1% for most time deposits. So its not likely any of the major banks (BDO, BPI, Metro, Etc.) That leaves you with the marginal savings banks, most dont have online accts. Unless you have the passbook, your out of luck.

yes very good rates

What type of visa did he have.  I have a srrv with the philippine retirement authority.  They require a time deposit.  You can check with the local PRA office, they might have a record of his bank deposit.