Native English-Speaker desperately seeking employment in Tallinn ASAP

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for reading!

I am a British MA graduate and experienced Project Manager looking for employment in any capacity in Tallinn, as soon as possible.

Just to explain a little - my motivation for moving to Estonia is for personal reasons - my fiancee lives there and so I am desperate to move out there and be with her. I visit very often and am well immersed in the Estonian culture and customs. I have completely fallen in love with the place and, due to the fact that we are to be married later this year, I need to be there as soon as possible.

I am highly academically qualified, and have 3+ years of practical management experience, as well as a host of vocational qualities that make me an excellent candidate for employment. I also have teaching experience but no formal training in this...

I have already uploaded my CV to CV Online and CV Keskus and am trying to apply to open positions as much as possible.

Is there anything that anyone can suggest to help me? Has anyone been through this process before? Or maybe you even know someone who can offer me a job!?

Many thanks in advance for your help and support, it's really very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Nice to read your message here in the Expat.com.  My name is Adam, i'm from England also.  I have been living and working in Tallinn now for 2 years.  I also took my employment here in Tallinn by using this website. I have been working here since i arrived as a English teacher.  I have been doing this privately working for myself in families homes.  The reason i am replying to you is because i will soon be leaving Estonia to return to work in the UK.

My question to you Alex is, would you be interested in a teaching role here in Estonia working with children.  My current employer is looking to find a new teacher to take over my position here.  The job would offer flexible hours and good rate of salary and also the possibility of accommodation based upon your needs also.  I have been living in an apartment close to the family home now for 1 year and this is very convenient for work and is a good location also for easy access to Tallinn via public transport.

The family will offer to you a contract of employment and also pay for you healthcare should you be willing to commit and work with the family on 5 day a week basis for minimum of 3 hrs per day.  You will be paid daily as an hourly salary rate.

If you are interested Alex or need any more information please contact me as soon as possible.  My email address is [email protected].

I would really like when i leave Estonia that the family gets a good reliable worker.  Someone who will be reliable and punctual.  The family will take care of you and be very kind to work for.  This is a great opportunity for someone who is willing to take on the job and i will teach you all you would need to know before i leave and make sure your up to speed with what needs to be done.

Myself and the family look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks in advance

Adam

Thank you very, very much for your nice letter. I appriciate but my famliy lives in Tartu and we want stay in Tartu.
Thanks again to call me :)
All the best
Dittmar and family

à Viking26 > Please note that the most appropriate section for job offers is found here > Jobs in Estonia ,and definitely not on the forum.

I advise you to see the ESTONIA FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT. It will guide you on the forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Thank you very much for your nice comment. i appriciate. I will try.
With regards.
Dittmar

Adam I have just read the reply you posted for Alex back in February regarding the teaching opportunity in Tallinn. I am very keen to find work teaching in Estonia and I have over 10 years experience of classroom/group work sessions as a former Careers Adviser  in Secondary Schools in the UK. I have recently passed my TEFL qualification and I am flying out to Estonia the first week in January 2016 to live. I will be joining my partner who is Estonian and currently living in Johvi with our two children.
I know this is a very late reply but I only just noticed it. You may well be back in the UK now, but I wanted to contact you on the slim chance that the opportunity may still be available?

Yours

Harry

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Asked to be removed by the initiator for personal reasons

Hello,
thank you for contacting me regarding the teaching opportunities that you may have available.to me. I am currently living in UK but have booked my ticket to fly out to Estonia on the 4th January 2015 to live with my partner and our two children in Johvi. Once in Estonia I am very interested in finding teaching opportunities, I have the necessary TEFL qualification and over 10 years experience of working in state schools as a Career Adviser.My partner is Estonian who is a part time teacher in Johvi.
i would be very happy to discuss teaching opportunities that may exist with both you and your husband. I have a skype address henry harold trenholm Trenholm. Alternatively my mobile telephone number is +447859119890. If You would rather I rang your husband please supply his number and I will contact him.
I very much look forward to hearing from you shortly

Yours Faithfully

Henry (Harry) Trenholm

hartren wrote:

Hello,
thank you for contacting me regarding the teaching opportunities that you may have available.to me. I am currently living in UK but have booked my ticket to fly out to Estonia on the 4th January 2015 to live with my partner and our two children in Johvi. Once in Estonia I am very interested in finding teaching opportunities, I have the necessary TEFL qualification and over 10 years experience of working in state schools as a Career Adviser.My partner is Estonian who is a part time teacher in Johvi.
i would be very happy to discuss teaching opportunities that may exist with both you and your husband. I have a skype address henry harold trenholm Trenholm. Alternatively my mobile telephone number is +447859119890. If You would rather I rang your husband please supply his number and I will contact him.
I very much look forward to hearing from you shortly

Yours Faithfully

Henry (Harry) Trenholm

You should take more care when advertising yourself for English teaching positions.  Your post is riddled with unforgivable mistakes for a teacher.