Does anyone has any idea about life in Bicolandia?

Born in Naga City and still have some relatives in Abella St.  Lived and grew up in places like Guinobatan Albay, San Fernando and Masantol, Pampanga and a few years in Metro Manila while in college.

My family already purchased a residential lot in Masantol and Macabebe area and a mango farmland in Mindoro, but not really sure if I want to live in any of these places.  The Pampanga area is too crowded now, besides most of the people living in my old town are no longer Pampangos.  I am due for my second retirement (military and Federal) in the next few months and I am sure I will have pretty close to $5k even without my SS.  I want to live a simple life where the air is still clean.  I just miss those younger days when my family use to live in the shadow and unobstructed views of the the Mayon volcano.

Does anyone has any idea about life in Bicolandia?

Hi Rudy_o1,

Your post has been moved on the Philippines forum for better views and interaction.

Thank you,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Hi Rudy
We live in San Felipe Naga City, It is a growth spurt with new subdivision every where but is still a very liveable city.
there are some growth pains especially around feasible time with traffic, you now have great choice for shopping SM, Pruegold etc
with plenty of food outlets including the fast food chains
Maccas has outlets
Pete

My wife is from Bicol. You might look at  the island of catanduanas. The city is Virac. Its got beautiful beaches and lagoons, There is hospital and university with a small town appeal. It has resorts and amenities. I'm reired military and were moving there in 6 months. Military is moving my household goods this week to Virac. I cant find an expat community in bicol. She does say Virac is very safe. Wish I could offer more. [Moderated: pls avoid posting your phone number]  if you have any questions regarding visa or bicol areas. she was born and raised there. Jerry