What could you suggest??

what is a good bank to open an account in philippines??

BPI

Depends on your visa status as to what banks will allow you an account or not. I know HSBC accomodates foreigners.

Bank of Philippine Islands is a good Bank and accessable from large stores like SM&NCCC   For me they required a letter from my Bank in Australia verifing that i have a legimate account in the Branch i stated.  In the Phil they have strong money laundering laws that there Banks must follow but procedures varies between Banks.

Thank you guys...:)

For international banks - Citi or HSBC. For local, BPI or BDO. Both should have USD and Peso accounts.

I opened a AU$ a/c but when i found how much both Banks charged in fees i will close it first chance i get .  Close to AU$40 every transaction.   Much cheaper to use  Companies like Orbit Remit or LBC  which charge only $8/transaction to transfer your $ into a PHP a/c.  These companies pay a very good exchange rate not like some American companies.

I dont pay any extra fees with Citi and keep min balance. Have acct in Phil, Sg and US. Metro and BPI do give better rates if I physically convert USD to Peso. So I transfer USD then withdraw, convert to peso and redeposit it.

BPI or BDO are both good

base on what you have suggested maybe ill go for BPI

thanks guys!

I have  BPI account only needed a passport to open account, no charge for express savings if you keep balance  above P2,000, it really depends on where your at, if their  is  a  BPI, BDO,PNB they are  all ok

Good day Friend, Bank of Philippine Island.  Kind regards, Orly Philip