Buying a lot in Davao area

We are looking for a lot around Davao to build a house for my wifes family. She is a philipina and im a European.

We lived in Europe for some years and she now like to invest a small amount in her families future. We thought about buying a lot big enough to build 3 houses of 60 SQM. One for her parents
and one for us when we visit and the last one to rent out so the parents have like an income for taking care of the lot and houses.

What would be a good area in Davao for a project like this ? What area would you recommend in Davao where its possible to find a tenant for the 3th house ? The area have to be safe and not to noisy and crowded. What should the budget be for a lot around 300-400 SQM ?

Anything else to be carefull about ...please mention that too, thanks

Chris and Jennifer

I'd be very wary of getting into that sort of deal. Foreignors can't own land and if something should happen, You'll lose the lot (money, Land + buildings) and end up with nothing. I love Filipinos. I have a Pinay partner. But they arent good at paying bills or debts. So I doubt your 3rd house would earn anything, yet alone make a profit for your inlaws to live off.
I've been burned over there before. Just my thoughts.

I go there a couple times a year..if your wife is  fillipino  she can own property also by the sm mall in clark they are building a new  development  i think  the tourist would rent your home for  two  three weeks or more  to help  parents out  ..the tourist traffic is improving   plus i use to look for a house to  rent when i went8000==12000 for one month

How much do i need per month to live in pampanga philipinees i am not flashy  just want a confortable life

greg8510 wrote:

How much do i need per month to live in pampanga philipinees i am not flashy  just want a confortable life

$800 to a $1000 US for a basic hand to mouth lifestyle unless you want to eat only Filipino market food and live in a 2 room apartment then it would be possible to live for 5 to $600 monthly...I myself feel $1200 to $1500 is living in the upper middle class bracket which is very comfortable...

Glimmer, where in Davao specifically you want? I am from Davao and May can assist you in what you are looking for.

Do not consider Davao area!  Be aware of the recent and continuing crime there.  Philippines is a very diverse country with pockets of wealth to the poorest of the poor especially the children.  This predominately Catholic country is brain washed with rules and laws of no divorce or you better have a good reason or lots of money and also birth control is a no no...abortion not here.  Therefore large number of unwed mothers and fathers who play the numbers game.  In the city I live in with my wife there are many men from Africa who are big players and have dozens of woman with child...government won't and cannot stop it.

Corruption here at a level you won't believe.  There are two times they use...Philippine time and the rest is others time.  Food, air, noise and water pollution..electric is off more than on as is the water...don't drink it and if you can don't wash your hair in it.  The produce is grown and fertilized by  ah forget it you don't want to know.  Ques> why am I still here..ans. wife and son and to get them out of here is difficult to say the least.  USA immigration is good for the Mexicans but not for a legitimate married Vietnam vet..soo you have to find the back door eliminating the need for a visa from USA...it's there you have to think and research as I did...

God Bless and good luck..be wise watch your money and stuff...

bretagne888 wrote:

Do not consider Davao area!  Be aware of the recent and continuing crime there.  Philippines is a very diverse country with pockets of wealth to the poorest of the poor especially the children.  This predominately Catholic country is brain washed with rules and laws of no divorce or you better have a good reason or lots of money and also birth control is a no no...abortion not here.  Therefore large number of unwed mothers and fathers who play the numbers game.  In the city I live in with my wife there are many men from Africa who are big players and have dozens of woman with child...government won't and cannot stop it.

Corruption here at a level you won't believe.  There are two times they use...Philippine time and the rest is others time.  Food, air, noise and water pollution..electric is off more than on as is the water...don't drink it and if you can don't wash your hair in it.  The produce is grown and fertilized by  ah forget it you don't want to know.  Ques> why am I still here..ans. wife and son and to get them out of here is difficult to say the least.  USA immigration is good for the Mexicans but not for a legitimate married Vietnam vet..soo you have to find the back door eliminating the need for a visa from USA...it's there you have to think and research as I did...

If you are legally married and have children here which are yours..It should be fairly easy to get ur children birth abroad certificates and a US passport....If you are legally married a K1 visa is relatively easy to achieve....Normally takes less than 6 months..

Good Luck

You are giving our wrong info about Davao City.  It is one of the safest Cities in the Philippines.  Much less crime than other cities there.  And electricity brown outs are seldom not like Davao Oriential.  I have been there several times and intend to live there when i retire. Like everywhere in the Phil you must be on guard against bag snatches or pick pockets.And the people are very friendly.  Maybe you tried living in a slum area.In 5 years going to the Phil i have never seen any crime in Davao City.  Even in Australia crime does happen.  Maybe my Filipino wife looks after me and avoids visiting certain bad areas. I have a sister inlaw there and have lived in her house several times so i have got to know first hand what living there is like.  And for Php 2.5-3K you can buy a very nice house in good elevated area. Enjoy your day. Not Australia but lovely People and a life style i cannot afford here.

bretagne888 wrote:

""In the city I live in with my wife there are many men from Africa who are big players and have dozens of woman with child...government won't and cannot stop it.""

I don't understand what you are referring to "playing the numbers game", it's written very vaguely to say the least. And I kindly disagree about the government can't stop it... Whatever it is? --- [ Oh yes they can ]. There is an extrajudicial thing that is alive and well, rampant... in the Philippines, the Government, and local governments can do what - ever they want... It's foolish and dangerous to think, contemplate, or wonder otherwise. I did say rampant, and I'd add terrifying, at how smooth and efficient it is. In my little city of Cebu, the number 300 +, per/year, keeps coming up in my mind. It's been a while since I took a peak...at the numbers.

""USA immigration is good for the Mexicans but not for a legitimate married Vietnam vet..soo you have to find the back door eliminating the need for a visa from USA...it's there you have to think and research as I did...""

I'm aware of (one) of the so called (back door) immigration entries, often referred to as the "black way" as those living in Eastern Europe call it. It's expensive and dangerous, expense is relative, (15K-25K), that's after arrival in the coyote laden land of Mexico. I've known two, that have tried and succeeded, in my humble opinion they have balls like grapefruits.

""The produce is grown and fertilized by  ah forget it you don't want to know.""

Commonly known as "night soil" aka human shit, but I have been inclined to believe this is a more "self garden verity" shit, used in personal gardens. If not, well no reason to go to the infamous Cheech and Chong skit, about "$90 for two ounces, that's some really good shit".  Okkkkk, moving on...

Your travels, in the bit of personal info in the, essentials about me section, are sweeping... All those islands, countries, and  English... is all good experience. I've lived in Belize, on an island with an apartment on the emerald green sea. San Pedro, anyone? Living in that 3rd world country, is still a lot like living in this 3rd world country, if one wishes to live, the American amenity, amenities, amenitied lifestyle, that is living a bit high on the hog, or to simplify, to live more of a 1st world experience, it's still expensive... I know you know this, I'm just writing that part for our beloved readers here.

Oh, yes, well back to the reason I decided to write this in the first place...forgive me for my digressions. "did perfume from a dress make me so digress?" ---> relevance...

"" USA immigration is good for the Mexicans but not for a legitimate married Vietnam vet""

Is it but one marriage... that has bottled up the plans of Thee? You state things clearly in your post and in your personal info, albeit some of it a bit over the top, but don't we all go over the top (from time to time)*, let's get back to that later. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, there's an important piece of this story that is absent, missing, not being stated, left out, left off.... Your reference to your middle name "Chick", yes, you wrote it complete with quotation marks... it's an unusual "nick name" unless of course you're raising Poults, lots of people raise poults here....

1. poult1 pōlt/ noun
Farming plural noun: poults
1. a young domestic chicken, turkey, pheasant, or other fowl being raised for food.

Of which explains it clearly, why you would have a middle nick name "Chick".  Except, when I initially saw the name, with the, " " marks, and my being inclined to lust, debauchery, and, well in short "wanton ways". I was thinking you might be chasing the taller two legged "Chicks" as opposed to the mere "chick" of fowl fame.

Wanton: (esp. of a woman) sexually immodest or promiscuous.
synonyms:promiscuous, immoral, immodest, indecent, shameless, unchaste, fast, loose, impure, abandoned, lustful, lecherous, lascivious, libidinous, licentious, dissolute, debauched, degenerate, corrupt, whorish, disreputable. More...how wonderful they are.

But then as I read it again, and saw the born again stuff, well, I decided it was probably not the chasing of the "Chicks" per say, with the (rod of salvation)-> in hand. Nay, I think not, it's completely innocent.

(from time to time)*

Yes, we are all predisposed to get a bit excited and push things a bit beyond the ordinary, or natural limits, (over the top). I, surly as others here will tell you and attest, that I am no exception. Fortunately we have "gate-keepers" here. And when my hot-air-balloon, gets so high that it appears I'm going a bit too stratospheric, people like Vetretreat, Mugtect, and some of the fairer sex too, they kindly pull the handle on my hot-air flotation device and let a few metric tons of hot air out. And I'm forever, absolutely, positively, grateful to them, that they would take the time and effort to do that. And thus, I do come tumbling down... But I also, will tell you; and perhaps the others will attest to you, that when I do tumble down, like the proverbial cat, I always land on my feet.

Something about this story of your not being able to take the beautiful Filipina out of Asia, isn't quite right there Mr. Chick, ("tall and healthy"), still, I sincerely hope it works out and all goes well with you and she.

Always keep the faith,

Cheers.