Getting work in croatia

i am from barbados and have lived in Croatia for five years and still working on my visa. I am thinking about going back to my home country because things are not working out for me. Is there any other way to speed the process? Need some advice. P.S i am married to a Croatian man.

Hi Pamela2013,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that your post is now on the Barbados Forum :)

Can you please be more specific and do you need advice regarding the visa process ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat.com Team

Hi pamela2013,

After 5 years you are still working on your visa? That must be frustrating.

Hi Pamela,
I am Dionne from Trinidad living in Croatia for the past 12 years. Are you on fbook? I created a group  there  Internationals living in Croatia and you can join and ask questions, this was a topic of discussion  for a while as it seems everyone has a different experience  but now that we are in the Eu hopefully things will change. One guy just for his 5 year visa to stay here. I see you are in Karlovac another Trinidadian lady is married to a guy from that town but they live in Netherlands at the moment. Anyway hope to hear from you soon. Nice to see there are other Caribbean people here, i did not think there were....many Trinis are married to Croats but some actually live in Trinidad.