Visa for mother

Hello,

I have a widowed mother aged 49. What are my options to bring her to Bahrain and stay with me while I'm on work permit? I realized she would not quality as immediate family, hence can't apply for Family visa. The visitor visa as I understand is valid only for 3 months max. Assuming my employer is willing to support her coming to Bahrain, will I be able to bring her to Bahrain with me?

Thanks!

Hi

I'm really sorry that I can't answer your question and I hope someone can help you really soon.

What I would do initially is find out what your employer thinks of the situation and if he is okay then call your embassy to ask their advice. Next call could be to immigration department

Though this is not something widely publicized, the immigration authorities in Bahrain do consider applications by expatrates who have aged/widowed parents. Each case is decided on its own merit. If you can prove that there is no one to look after your mother back home, they may approve a residence permit for her. The immigration/visa guy in yor firm should be able to guide you.

A friend of mine had got down his aged father on such a visa.

Best wishes.

I also do know someone who brought his father here with him because he was in need. As mentioned above, it's treated on a case-by-case basis. There's some more information about Depentents' Residence Permit on the LMRA's website,

Thanks for all the responses guys. Really helpful!

You're welcome. Let us know how you get on so the others can benefit from your experience.

what if the person  who is apply for his mother/father granted Bahraini Citizenship. Would it be easier then?

I guess it would be.

Dear Farhaz,

I am intrigue to learn more about your friend who managed to bring his aged father in Bahrain and getting his residence permit.

I am planning to bring my mother here in Bahrain but our office visa agent is not willing to help me on this matter.

Is there by any chance that your friend can introduce the visa/immigration to me?

Thank you.

Like they said, it's probably a case by case basis. I know someone who couldn't get her mum over. But then the mum had people who could take care of her back home

kn0t wrote:

Dear Farhaz,

I am intrigue to learn more about your friend who managed to bring his aged father in Bahrain and getting his residence permit.

I am planning to bring my mother here in Bahrain but our office visa agent is not willing to help me on this matter.

Is there by any chance that your friend can introduce the visa/immigration to me?

Thank you.

Hi kn0t

Thanks for your note. Unfortunately, my friend left Bahrain a couple of years back.

This is something that is best done by your company. If the visa processing guy at your place of work is not cooperating, its probably because they do not know about this process or is simply too lazy to move their backsides and get this done.

My only suggestion, if the office visa agent is not helpful, is for you to personally visit the Immigration office at Exhibition Road and inquire. I am sure they get this question very often and have a process in place for you to apply directly.

Hi Farhaz,

Yes, the clearing office is really uncooperative. Thank you for your suggestion and I will pay the Immigration office a visit to get all the information.

Thank you again Farhaz.

kn0t wrote:

Hi Farhaz,

Yes, the clearing office is really uncooperative. Thank you for your suggestion and I will pay the Immigration office a visit to get all the information.

Thank you again Farhaz.

Good luck, kn0t.

Actually I got my mother a RP around a month back. 

What you definitely need is basic willingness from your sponsor in the form of an NOC.  As others have said, there is no fixed process to follow and even if you ask immigration, they will just ask you to submit a case for approval which in all likelihood will be rejected.  Which is why, most visa processing people in the work place do not help at all with this. What you need is patience and knowing people of "influence".

As far as the process goes, for my mother, I basically submitted documents / affidavits showing that she was a widow and dependent on me. It took a few months and I got the printed NOC.  Deposit at airport, she comes in, take passport and give to office people, get CPR and RP stamped into passport.