Looking for a car in Rak

Hi guys, hoping you can help me.
I am going to need a car for work in Rak, but can't find clear instruction as to how obtain one. Does anyone have any words of wisdom? Or gone through the same process and can share their pearls of wisdom?
Cheers
Boon

Hello Boon and Welcome to Expat.com  :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Ras al Khaimah forum for more visibility.

Are you looking for a car to buy or is it for rent?

I would advice you to have a look at Vehicules classifieds in Ras al Khaimah. It might help you.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hi Boondock Boston,

You can't purchase a car in RAK until you have your residency visa, you can however hire one, if you intend to travel to Dubai make sure you have a Salik tag in the car and that it is charged up...this is easy to do you can charge it up at most garages. Cars 10 years old and over can only be insured 3rd party so if you have an accident basically there is a high chance your car will be written off and you will end up with nothing often even if the accident is not your fault! A friend of ours had an accident 2 weeks ago someone drove into the back of him, the police report indicates he was to blame...one of the downsides to being an ex-pat out here :)