Looking for somewhere to rent August-Sept

Okay so I am looking for my next football adventure and in Asia I have options of Singapore, Philippines or maybe Hong Kong until I go to possibly Malta to play next year. For me the safest option will be Singapore but I like taking a few risks and I have followed the UFL for a few years now as I have a Filipino friend. I am weighing up my options and seeing the price of things. If I am to come to the Philippines I will be looking for a place to rent for around a month from middle of August till the middle of September. I need the place ideally to be cheap as possible but still safe and nice, and I need it to have a double room for my and my girlfriend.

Hi Joshh!

I suggest you to post an advert in the Philippines housing section.
It might help.

Regards
Armand

Near Makati is nowhere near the beach~ 3k  a day? please clarify....

Pinaymentor

joshh..would you consider something south of Manila right on the beach for 10k a month fully furnished..with a 2nd floor terrace and very quite and relaxing...

I meant I don't want to spend $3k paying for a hotel like from a travel agents :)

Yeah I know, I think I said Manila in my post too (thats near a beach right?)

Joshh wrote:

I meant I don't want to spend $3k paying for a hotel like from a travel agents :)

Yeah I know, I think I said Manila in my post too (thats near a beach right?)

No Manila is not near a beach..Unless you want to dive into the polluted bay...LOL...If you want a beach as u said in your post you dont want Manila...

Okay, thought it was near some beach. As stated before I don't need a beach, I just said it would be nice.

Joshh wrote:

Okay, thought it was near some beach. As stated before I don't need a beach, I just said it would be nice.

Before you edited you mentioned a beach...

Yeah I said 'A beach/pool would be nice but isn't essential' :)

WEll, Good luck.  I will tell you that you will definitely NOT gfind any bargains, by Western standards, here in Manila.  It's a dirty, crowded, scroungy city and most Filipinos here make a sport of screwing foreigners.  And if you've never been here before, the problem you'll soon realize is that even though they appear to speak English and they appear to be very courteous, there's two problems.

First of all, often times they don't really understand what you said but the won't tell you and you'll think they DID understand....until things get royally screwed up, and ......

Secondly, you're supposed to keep your word but they don't have to keep theirs. Why? Because you're a foreigner.  And when you try to sort matters out, suddenly either nobody understands what you're talking about or everybody is busy (unless you put a little money under the table).

Nothing here is first-class and everything is over-priced.  For the same money, you'll get much, much more in Thailand or even Cambodia.  And also, in a sense, in Seoul. 

I mention Seoul because I worked there for 4 years and I was continually amazed at how everything just flat-out 'worked' in Korea. It wasn't cheap, but you got what you paid for and people make it a matter of policy to do a good job when they do something.   

People there know what they're doing and they don't fake it while they gladly take your money.  It's not all rotted out like most everything is here in the Philippines....unless you've got the money to live above it like the rich people do.

It's a situation I'm trying to work my way out of but I pay 7,000 pesos a month for a one bedroom dump here in Manila.  I've done a little asking around, sorta shopping for the future, and I get the impression that you could get a nice 1BR in Manila for anywhere from 12-15K (but it would be small) to 30K. 

Your units would probably start to be really nice once you get up around 20K but even then I don't think it would compare to some of those other places.

If you're coming here because you think 'it's more fun in the Philippines'....get ready for a rude awakening.  It's probably a little different in the smaller and less congested cities but I haven't spent any time there.

Regards,
Art

[Moderated: Please use your PM]

wanderingsalsero wrote:

WEll, Good luck.  I will tell you that you will definitely NOT gfind any bargains, by Western standards, here in Manila.  It's a dirty, crowded, scroungy city and most Filipinos here make a sport of screwing foreigners.  And if you've never been here before, the problem you'll soon realize is that even though they appear to speak English and they appear to be very courteous, there's two problems.

If you're coming here because you think 'it's more fun in the Philippines'....get ready for a rude awakening.  It's probably a little different in the smaller and less congested cities but I haven't spent any time there.

Regards,
Art

Hi Art....How long you been here??...I lived in Manila for 1 year and I had a 28 SQM apartelle for 24K a month not including power...the power was always about 5K...Now I live in a very nice 3 BR, 3Bath 100SQM for 10K a month right on the water and use almost no air...2.5K power bill...

I can only imagine the s... hole your living in for 7K..From your pic you look like an Xvet like myself...Is it so??...If you're interested in improving your lifestyle give me your email and I will contact you with additional info and pics of some rentals you may be interested in...I got out of Manila 5 months ago and ain't lookin back...

Don't be to hard on the Filipinos..I have met some pretty nice ones where I am now and I had some very honest ones in Manila also..With the attitude you have right now I do highly recommend you get yourself out of Manila then maybe your overall views might change...

And to the guy who started this post...Unless you can afford living expenses of over $5k a month I would highly recommend staying out of Makati and other high cost Manila Metro areas...You will get nickel dimed to death...

Take Care and God Bless..

Where in the Philippines?

Hello Josh!
[Moderated: No free ad pls]
I'm also friends with football stars here. My good friend is a goal keeper for the Philippine Azkals, U23. I'll introduce you to my friends here. Add me up on FB. You'll see lots of pics there. Ritzel Bionat.
Just msg me on FB.

I know of a place newly renovated apartment complex in Makati, form 2-3 bedrooms with price range from 18-32k per month, aircons, cooktop included.  Can send you pictures if you want.
Cheers

sailboard_1110 wrote:

I know of a place newly renovated apartment complex in Makati, form 2-3 bedrooms with price range from 18-32k per month, aircons, cooktop included.  Can send you pictures if you want.
Cheers

I am interested for my good friend who is arriving from the US in 2 weeks....send me pics of the units, location address and lease requirements to [email protected]

Hi

Will take some photos of it tomorrow and send it to you.  Do you have an email address.  How many bedrooms are they looking for?  How long are they intending to rent the place for?  Do they want furnished or unfurnished?

Cheers

David

you can send me an email to [email protected]

Dont waste your time in Manila,head towards the provinces,its more natural,cheaper and safer too,im sure you wont regret it!

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm still unsure on which area is the safest but best priced as I've heard different things. Ritz I have added you on facebook :) I need to come over for a few weeks, have some trials and then go from there and see how much pay I will get so I can assess how much I can afford PM during the season. Ideally need to find somewhere for the 2-4 weeks at first :)