What is life like in South Africa ( From a muslims perspective)

hi my wife is south african and I am alegerian. I want to know what life is like there? is there a muslim community, are there arabs, are there mosques.

any info would be helpful and appreciated.

thank you

Hi fjj43!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

there are alot of muslim communities in SA. The biggest you will find in Durban, Cape Town and Johannesburg. Almost everywhere you will find a muslim community but in the big cities they are the biggest. and ofcourse there are mosques

fjj43 wrote:

hi my wife is south african and I am alegerian. I want to know what life is like there? is there a muslim community, are there arabs, are there mosques.

any info would be helpful and appreciated.

thank you

afternoon....
as a south african wife she should be able to provide you with all this info.

yes in south africa you will find all kind of religios groups. and that islam is about 15% of the population

as for islamic info you are welcome to search the internet for all mosques in the various provinces , cities and suburbs area.

there are also islamic radio station in the country.

insha allah you will find all your info you looking for

regards

Hi,yes there are many Arabs(Algerians,Tunisians,Jordanians,Egyptians)in the Islamic Institutions around me and also those that are working here.Life here is good and we have many Mosques and Islamic schools and generally the people are very warm and friendly.