Advice on finding a job

Hello, My name is Maree lekkas, I am an australian 22 year old female living in Fortaleza, Brazil. I first came here when i was 19 volutneering and teaching english, Now i am Back i need to engage in a type of work where i can be paid to help support my living expensives. I have alot of experience in working in all areas,  from cleaning to a hotel receptionist, to being a bar tender..... I guess you could describe me as an all rounder.
I am very interested in planting and green peace. I Love photography, painting and all art as well as dancing (last year i spent in mexico dancing profesionally on crusie ships! )
I speak fluent english &
mid- advanced portueguese and Spanish.

If someone could give me any advice or has any knowledge of some type of work whether it is cleaning a store, or teaching english.. anything really, I would be very appreicative.

Thanks
Maree

Hi Maree,

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/Welcome-banner.jpg
On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team, welcome on board.

If you're reasonably fluent in Portuguese and a native English speaker the hospitality industry will be much better (paywise) for you than teaching English. Of course you will of necessity have to have a work permit for that, where (hush, didn't hear it from me) you can probably get away with teaching even if you only have a tourist visa.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Thankyou Very much for your helpful reply, I will look into those areas more.

Kind Regards
Maree Lekkas

Hello Maree Lekkas.

Welcome to the forum! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Fortaleza forum for more visibility.

Thank you,
Aurélie

hi there please send me your contact info want to come and live and work in brazil need some inside ing\fo on brazil  email       [email protected]

Hello konstantinos1829 -> Maybe you could share some informations directly on the forum instead of giving your contact info.

Thank you,
Aurélie

dear Maree lekkas
i also wanted to come and live on fortaleza ..and i want to job on fortleza .do plz give me some advoice how to find job on fortaleza
so i need to do any job ..intrested in hotel ,helper ,reception ,data entry ,internet cafe ,or any genral job ..plzz help me for find job

Hello Vishal,

If is extremely difficult for foreigners to get work here in Brazil because the law requires that employers clearly demonstrate they have exhausted all avenues of filling a vacancy with a qualified Brazilian before they can hire a foreigner to fill it.

The easiest way to find a job here is by contacting multinational companies in your home country, ask if they have a Brazilian operation and if they can help with job placement in Brazil. At the very least they should be able to put you in touch with the right people here.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

mareeantonialekkas wrote:

Hello, My name is Maree lekkas, I am an australian 22 year old female living in Fortaleza, Brazil. I first came here when i was 19 volutneering and teaching english, Now i am Back i need to engage in a type of work where i can be paid to help support my living expensives. I have alot of experience in working in all areas,  from cleaning to a hotel receptionist, to being a bar tender..... I guess you could describe me as an all rounder.
I am very interested in planting and green peace. I Love photography, painting and all art as well as dancing (last year i spent in mexico dancing profesionally on crusie ships! )
I speak fluent english &
mid- advanced portueguese and Spanish.

If someone could give me any advice or has any knowledge of some type of work whether it is cleaning a store, or teaching english.. anything really, I would be very appreicative.

Thanks
Maree

G'day Maree, Firstly i would like to introduce myself, my name is Jp 33yo male, and when i saw you are Australian living here, i found this so amazing, it isn't easy to find oz's in fortaleza, anyways i;ve been to australia for 3 and a half years, just got back last year to see my friends and stuff, would be great to catch up, share some ideas...
so if you keen ,let me know [email protected]   85-9727 9880 ,
how did you with your job searching, im still on hunting :(
xx

G'day Maree, Firstly i would like to introduce myself, my name is Jp 33yo male, and when i saw you are Australian living here, i found this so amazing, it isn't easy to find oz's in fortaleza, anyways i;ve been to australia for 3 and a half years, just got back last year to see my friends and stuff, would be great to catch up, share some ideas...
so if you keen ,let me know [email protected]   85-9727 9880 ,
how did you with your job searching, im still on hunting :(
xx

jpom1 - not a very good idea posting personal information such as your e-mail address or phone number on an open forum. Just remember now when you start getting flooded with spam or nuisance phone calls, it wasn't anything that we at Expat-blog did that caused it.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward, Brazil & Canada Expert - Expat-blog Team

Regarding employers exhausting all other avenues before hiring a foreigner, does that also apply in case of a foreign permanent resident with a Brazilian child? Or is the treatment equal to a Brazilian?

No, permanent residents in Brazil have all the same rights to work in this country that a Brazilian citizen has. The ONLY difference is that non-citizens cannot enter the "public concursos" (test for public service jobs), but it is my understanding that even that may change. There has been talk of allowing expats to enter the public service, but it still hasn't come about.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team