Gym

Which gym are u using in Erbil?

Some men I know use the Erbil Sports Center and like it.
(We women do not have the same gym opportunities as men!)

Does anybody know if it's possible to find sports nutrition supplements like whey or casein protein, creatine, and etc. in Erbil?

In Family Mall there is a kiosk that has the name "GNC". They are carrying some GNC products, not sure if it is what you are looking for. People have said it is very expensive. Maybe they can order it for you? I don't know.

I would consider checking big pharmacies on Doctor Street because doctors often recommend such formulations for weight loss, people getting tube fed, etc. Perhaps a version is available there.

You can also get significant amounts of protein from egg whites but guess you are more interested in the way whey helps with muscle repair following workouts. :-)

Some people order from overseas using Bombeene. That seems to be cheaper to go through them than to ship something over yourself.
http:// boombeene.com/eng/Default.aspx

I bring all of those sorts of things with me in the suitcase. It is hard to do because it means paying for excess luggage but some things simply aren't available here or when I find them the price is too high.

Thank you very much for a quick and detailed response. I'm currently in Istanbul and we have lots of GNC shops over here, and that's where I buy all the stuff I need. It is more expensive than in Europe and USA I guess, but at least I know they have it in stock anytime I need it. )))

In that case bring it on in with you or at least bring enough of a supply. I often find it far cheaper to pay excess baggage charges than to have things mailed in to me. Some things are really easy to get here and others not so much. If you wonder about other specific things just let me know. This is my 4th year here so I have kind of had a chance to look around and see what is here. But that said new things arrive daily. Food is expensive here and produce quality depends upon the heat. Turkey has wonderful produce, wish we did too. Electronics are much cheaper here than in Turkey. Mobile phones are cheaper here too than in Turkey.

One little detail, when you leave Iraq make sure that there is noting tempting in your hand carried luggage because security at the airport tends to pick things in your handluggage (that they want) and declare them as security risks. In which case you only have 24 hours to pick them up. Colleagues have lost brand new perfumes, soaps, cosmetics, clocks, etc. this way. It seems to be so random. Never a problem with checked bags though.

Happy travels.

Thanks a lot for this information.:top: It's great having insider ready to help you out. I have a billion of stupid questions I could ask you, but I guess a couple of days in Erbil will dissolve most of them.

Ask any questions you'd like. I remember what it was like to be moving to Erbil and had no one to ask.

@happy2beinindia - thank you for your contribution :top: