Hi everyone!

I actually introduced myself earlier in the Manchester forum but thought it would be good to post here also.

So I'm a girl from Finland, planning on moving to the UK next January. I just turned 27 and I'm currently working in customer services. I'm also kind of a performer. I love to sing and be on stage doing whatever, really :) I'm really outgoing and love being around people.

Living abroad has been a life-long dream for me, and now I've finally decided to make it happen. January just seems so far away, I wouldn't want to wait! :) But I thought it's better that I give myself time to arrange everything here in Finland so I can leave with an easy mind.

So hello everybody! And if there is anyone who would like to chat about living in the UK, please let me know!

Also it would be great to hear from Brits living in Finland!

Hi siltsu,
Although i'm not a brit living in Finland, i did reside in the UK most of my life and well.. took the plunge and decided to leave uk and work abroad.. at first i thought i'd regret it and had doubts.. but you know what, i'm really glad i made that move.. :)

Being abroad has really educated me on how this part of the world (Middle East) is. If i decided to stick in the UK i would never have gained the vast amount of knowledge i gained here. I've learned so much about this region and the different communities around here. So i feel life is a learning experience outside of our normal comfort zone.. :)

So go for it and if living abroad is your dream, pursue it and enjoy every moment of it. ;)

On this site, there are quite a few people who have posted blogs about them self and living abroad. If you have time, have a read..

Good luck,

Jaz :cool:

Hello to every one nice to having friends here,  specially in western pert australia!!!!

Im fine thank you,,,anyway my origin is from philippines,

Yes . Welcome to UK. We can chat and become good friends.

I am dino. Hear from u. I hope ur dream will come through, why not if u really determine to do it. Actually u would not be alone when u come, there are so many friends to address u, take care.

I like the diversity here, very much so!

That's good to hear, diversity is one of the things i'm looking for.

And thanks for your reply, i've been having a bit of difficulties making this dream of mine come true. It all seems so far away and out of my reach. I haven't even been on this forum for a while 'cause of this.

But maybe now i'll get back on track :) Cheers!

No, I have no friends or family over there. That's one of the reasons i started this topic. But i'm pretty confident that even though i wouldn't find friends through this forum, i'll be just fine once i get there :) It's just the big things that are making me worry. Like will i find a flat and a job etc. But there's not much that i can do about those before the moving day is closer.