Questions & budget for a 2-bedroom furnished/unfurnished apartment

Hi there
Considering a move to PP and have checked the cost of living threads but they don't cover my question.
We are a couple with a 7 year old son, have lived around Asia for 16 years. What should we budget for rent of a 2 or 3 bedroom furnished apartment? Or should go unfurnished and bring our furniture with us? Ads in the classifieds don't seem to include the area size, is that normal?
Thank you in advance!

prices depend on what type of apartment you want, a two bedroom apartment can range from $100-$1000+
I recommend this website to search for housing, it gives you an idea on how much money can get you.
homeconnect.asia/en/cambodia/
if you're happy with your own furniture you may as well bring it, otherwise it's easy to buy items here.

samwa wrote:

prices depend on what type of apartment you want, a two bedroom apartment can range from $100-$1000+
I recommend this website to search for housing, it gives you an idea on how much money can get you.
if you're happy with your own furniture you may as well bring it, otherwise it's easy to buy items here.

Please elaborate how that website can be of any help at all??

Ronni wrote:
samwa wrote:

??it's a real estate website?? you can browse properties based on selected criteria - gives an idea on how much money they would have to spend to get the kind of apartment they want. any real estate website could be of use.

Thanks Samwa, will check it out :)

So if a place is already furnished is it acceptable to ask to replace furniture with your own? some places are lovely but often not so keen on the furniture ;)

samwa wrote:
Ronni wrote:
samwa wrote:

??it's a real estate website?? you can browse properties based on selected criteria - gives an idea on how much money they would have to spend to get the kind of apartment they want. any real estate website could be of use.

If you search for apartments, only two show. I see a lot more show up if you dont use this search criteria. I'll have a look.

Emz2012 wrote:

So if a place is already furnished is it acceptable to ask to replace furniture with your own? some places are lovely but often not so keen on the furniture ;)

I think if you are renting the place long term there won't be a problem.. but I'm not exactly sure. i agree with many places having poor taste in furniture. where are you moving from?

Ronni wrote:
samwa wrote:
Ronni wrote:

If you search for apartments, only two show. I see a lot more show up if you dont use this search criteria. I'll have a look.

oop didn't know that. oh well just browse them all.

samwa wrote:
Emz2012 wrote:

I think if you are renting the place long term there won't be a problem.. but I'm not exactly sure. i agree with many places having poor taste in furniture. where are you moving from?

Ha, moving from HK  - very different results for your budget there ;)
Got a lot of nice big furniture sitting in storage(have accumulated stuff from Japan & Singapore over the years) so weighing up whether to ship it with us or just send it back to the UK...

I'm happy to share my experience in PP.  Housing can really vary in price.  I have a nice Khmer style flat, two bedroom on the second floor with a nice balcony.  It is not a western style kitchen so no oven but a two burner cook top with a two sided sink and refrigerator.  We have two bathrooms, and both bedrooms have air conditioning.  There is an extra room that could be an office.  I'd estimate the entire place is about 1,500 square feet.  We pay $400/month.  The place is furnished already and one bed is very comfortable, kind sized.  Rent includes water but not A/C or wi-fi.  We share that with neighbors for $20/month.  Electricity costs about $70.  I hope this helps.

Thank you Timoray :)

[Moderated: Please post in Housing section]