New in Hyderabad, where can I found something to swim?

Hey guys,

me and 3 other other colleagues just moved from Germany for 6 months. We are taking part in a program, that will probably bring much more of our colleagues to Hyderabad.
But we are the first who took part in this program and currently we don't have a lot of expat knowledge.
I personally would like to know where I can go swimming and find a gym as I did triathlon back in Germany and would like to start training here in Hyderabad again.
Me and my colleagues would also like to know where we can go out around here. We already found a disco called Cuba Libre, which was not bad but we would like to get some alternatives.
Please let me know if you can help us out with information or if you want to meet up with us.

We are living at Indiranagar near Gachibouli Flyover.

Dominik

Hello Dominik.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

hi,

theres a nice place called rain to chill out, we and my dj
friends usually meet at 10 lounge in sec'bad. as for swimming
there are many places, even near to your house chk out, novotel, westin, illa suites. mail me if u need any more info on music places or discos to meet on saturdays.

jay

Hej Dominic,

I don't think that there are lots of swimming pools here except the hotels. Most of the sports clubs are overcrowded and they are gender segregated. So you might find yourself with 100 other guys splashing in the same swimming pool.

If you really want to go for a dip, I'd say try Novotel's swimming pool. It is in Hitex.

If you want to meet up, gimme a buzz :)

Cheers

hey dominik, cookie , hi

cookies right,usually as she said some places are crowded. as i mentioned yesterday novotel is fine, but if you u really want a pvt pool, i usually like to go to a highfy resort on the outskirts of Hyd, its a weekend getaway called lahari, only the class crowd come there, i am a regular there for the last 3 yrs and i love the place, good pool very large, good food , pool side music and drinks,and nice place to chillout, also they have rain dance and music with a dj. if u are int let me know. its about 1hr drive.

mail me ,we can meet some time locally.

jay

I am up for a swim. HIT ME UP!

Lahari is a good resort to be but you will find quite a few on the way to it.

You can also try Golkonda Resort.

Very Private and Clean.

gachobowli stadium is the best choice for you ,according to my personal experience and i have tried swimming everywhere in hyderabad .