Magellan and other GPS devices - do they work in Costa Rica

We are planning on taking a trip to CR next year and wondering if our Magellan and Tom Tom Devices will work in Costa Rica?

I can only speak for my Garmin but I visited the NavSat website and purchased the Costa Rica software.  They sent me a link to download the software and it worked very well.  This year I updated my software as it was two years old and again it went just GR8.
Cheers .... Terry

No, unless they've done something to their available maps in the last 18 months.  However, the good news is Garmin has maps and they really work amazingly well given that there are no addresses and very few street names in CR.

From what I've heard and what I use, Garmin is the only one that works efficiently.  I have been very impressed with how well it works.

Actually, all streets have names and all locations have addresses.  The catch is no one knows the names of the streets and there are no street signs.  Addresses are just not what Gringos are used to, i.e., 100 meters east of the school off the autopista, just north of the big mountain almond tree.  Surprisingly, it was easy to get used to.

Yeah, there are street names but not addresses you can type into your Garmin.  And here's a philosophical question for you:  if the streets have names but nobody knows what they are, do they REALLY have names???  LOL