Starting a Foreign Owned Business in Thailand

Hi!

My husband and I currently reside in Sydney, Australia but we are interested in relocating to Thailand and wish to start a small business.

After reading many articles and viewing the Foreign Business Act, it seems that the process can be complicated.

Can anyone recommend an agency who may be able to assist us with obtaining visa's, licenses, etc so that we may start our operations?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much!
Bernie

First off you as a foreigner can only own 49 percent of a business in Thailand the remaining 51 percent must be Thai owned.

If your still interested read the Business Laws tab at the website below.

http://www.samuiforsale.com/

yes Stray dog is Right, if you wish to open a business in Thai you should find a Thai people who is trust able, Because as government law foreigner can only own 49% of a business in Thailand the remaining 51% must be Thai owned, And you need to register your company name first if you get a Thai partner, and you can find more info if you search on google,

Thanks very much for your responses Straydog and stevejones! I really appreciate it!

We were hoping to own it ourselves but it appears that we will not be able to.

Thanks again!
Bernie

which business you want do start in Koh Samui i have British friend he live in here 6 years to he can help you about that,Sammi