Getting married in Turkmenistan

Hi all,

We invite all the ones who got married in Turkmenistan or who are about to get married in Turkmenistan to participate in this thread :)

What are the formalities to get married in Turkmenistan? Is it the same for a couple of foreigners of for a mixed couple (between a foreigner and a native of Turkmenistan)?

Are the procedures complicated?

How long does it take to carry out all the formalities?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Armand

Please advise, I engaged with someone from Turkmenistan and we planning to get married. Does anyone know specific rules and regulations as my fiancee tried to do his own research and found different situation from different people.

I also did ask from some locals and they also give different in formations which I hardly understand.

I wanted to know the latest law for Turkmenistan marrying and expat and settle down in Turkmenistan.

Thank you in advance I really appreciate any input in future.

http://www.refworld.org/docid/405c645f4.html
Turkmenistan: Marriage and Family Code

I lived in Ashgabat from 2012 to 2013. I did not marry which was a big mistake in my life. But for your answer, what I knew at that time was a condition that one should have lived in Turkmenistan at least for one year and must have, his or her, own house or flat in Turkmenistan. Some other formalities like your passports, documents and some government fees. It may take three months to get your marriage certificate after which you can marry. The day of marriage is fixed in Turkmenistan, looks strange but its their way. To witness your marriage, a government representative is present in the function.