Cost of living in ghana

Hi all
i will be moving to Ghana by this month end.i want to know the cost of living in ghana from accommodatoin and so on

Hi sonialorens,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have moved your topic on the Ghana forum for better visibility.

You may view other threads on cost of living in Ghana on the Ghana forum: https://www.expat.com/forum/95-22-cost- … ghana.html

I would think it is pretty much like Lagos. If you look at other threads you will find the information you want.
The cost of living always depends on where you want to live and what sort of things you want to do.
Good luck with the move

What are the prices of fuel in Ghana?

I am not exactly sure of the price as it went up - or down - recently but it is about GhC 1.53 a litre.

kweku3000 wrote:

Hello my name is Kweku. I lived in Ghana for a year. Cost of living there can be very complex for a none Ghanian. Meaning in some parts of Ghana the venders, stores and hotels charge outsiders an higher rate for services or goods than Ghanian. Be careful, find a local that you can trust to show you the ropes. Learn the money system the old and the new and watch your dealings with the locals when it come to spending. You can go broke there. Feel free to ask me anything about Ghana

Hi there,

husband and i plan to visit kumasi in the next year.  what can you tell me about costs, ie accommodations, safety, people, food, dos and don`ts customs, which time is best to visit, re weather. that kind of thing.  i know this is a tall order, but any information you can give would be appreciated.

regards
linda

I suggest you look on travel websites to get the sort of information you require. There is a blog on this site entitled 'This is Ghana' and that will give you most of the information you require.
If you have any specific request for information I am sure people will help you