Public transportation in Hyderabad

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Hyderabad ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Hyderabad?

Thanks in advance for participating!

hi there!

i just moved to hyderabad myself. it is a unique and lovely city.
incidently last 2 years i was in ile maurice :P

anyways
public transport system is okay here, but its a crazy chaos for somebody from mauritius :P

if your office is far from your home, it will take some time to find best route to use public transport.

they have buses (which can be really painful as u can never get a seat) .. fare about 7 rupees
or you can share a richshaw which is a 7 seater but they fill 10 people in.. about 12-20 rupees depending on distance.

i use the tempo and pay for 2 seats and sit in the front seat. so this way i am comfortable.

personal rickshaw rides can get expensive specially for daily travel.

my 1st couple of days i had 2 change 4 vehicles to reach office.
now its just 2 and its fairly quick without any hassle.

hope it helpz.. hola if ya get here :)

Hi psysid and thanks for your contribution.;)

Harmonie.

Hi i am from hyderabd, i was born and broughtup in hyderabd, it is a lovely place for anyone to live. Public transportation is very cheap. For foreigners cabs would be better, If you use the local mini transport like AUTO. 3 people can travel and you better tel the AUTO driver to use meter. This is a better, fast and cheapest transportation. In AUTO 5 Km would be charged around 1$. Min charge is 15 rs and as calculated through meter, 1 Km will be 9 Rs. Hyderabad is safest place. But its better to be in crowded places in night.People will be travelling throughout the night and working. Hope you have a nice time.

:top: