Selling Land in Loei.

A friend of mine has land in Loei province on the Mekong river across which is Laos. He is looking to sell it. About 75 rai. What's the best way to go about doing this?
A friend of mine has land in Loei province on the Mekong river across which is Laos. He is looking to sell it. About 75 rai. What's the best way to go about doing this?
- @Andrew Murphy63
Is your friend a foreigner or a Thai?
I hope he's Thai.
You have to be a Thai National in order to own land. One of the exceptions is if the land is being used as a business that is directly tied to the Thai economy. In that case a foreigner can own up to 49% as long as a Thai National owns the remaining 51%. It is more complicated than that but that is the gist.

My Thai wife is looking for land in Loei where we live. Can you tell me where the land is located? How much is he asking for the 75 rai? I know that you said in Loei along the Mekong River but that is a lot of area. Do you have the GPS coordinates? Do you know if your friend is willing to sell a smaller parcel of the land?

@Andrew Murphy63
Send me full details, e.g  your friends' detail are they Lao? or a foreigner?
My email is ****@gmail.com

Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : Kindly share email addresses in private. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Andrew Murphy63
Send me full details, e.g  your friends' detail are they Lao? or a foreigner?
My email is [email protected]

- @Isaan Property Shop
His friend can't be a foreigner because they aren't allowed to buy land in Thailand. FYI, a person from Laos is also a foreigner.

Estate Agent would be my first option.....

Please send full details including GPS, cost and contact telephone number to my email address [link moderated]. I will put you in touch with a property and land broker who will contact the vendor as soon as i pass the details over. They charge a standard 3% sales fee payable when sold - no extra fees to me - for a full service sales service.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Firstly put your land on DDproperty, Baht and sold and Dotproperty. Then ask around the area with the Thais for an agent. They will be very happy to spread the word gor a share of the 3% commission. Especially in Chiangkhan and Mueng Loei. Thats how I sold about 7 properties up thete in the past.

Firstly put your land on DDproperty, Baht and sold and Dotproperty. Then ask around the area with the Thais for an agent. They will be very happy to spread the word gor a share of the 3% commission. Especially in Chiangkhan and Mueng Loei. Thats how I sold about 7 properties up thete in the past.
-@gregj69

It's not his land.

@Andrew Murphy63 my wife is qualified in land sale, purchase, build restrictions and Chanot certification. She is from Nakhon Phanom. You can email me [link moderated]

Hello kevin

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that you should not be posting your email address on the forum for security reasons.

Feel free to add the services of your wife in the Thailand business directory so that members requiring her help can contact her.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@kevin64devon Hi Kevin.

Yes, maybe your wife can help me if only I can find a way to contact her.

Kind Regards,

Andrew

@Leeds forever! Thai.