Bank card fraud in VN

Has anybody had experience with bank card fraud in VN ... and what to do about it?  I am pretty sure my card info got scanned by an ATM skimmer ... I reported it to my bank today and they shut my card down until the $329 mystery charge fully charge posts to my Navy Federal account ... they had limited info until it fully posts.  I heard this is common here and my credit union has placed security holds on my cards multiple times due to charges coming from here. Any info would be helpful.
Not sure whether what happened to me, several times, is what you are describing. Make a withdrawal, get card back, but no cash, yet checking online shows the cash withdrawal from the account.

A call to my bank's toll free number and within a couple of hours cash is credited back to my account. It is, from what I'm told by locals, not an infrequent event.
Yep happened to me ages ago, a call got the money back.
@Andybris2020
The same happened to me in 2018. Transaction was approved but dispensing door did not open. My bank also corrected the transaction. Back in the day 2006 in Can Gio the hotel made the standard card  charge at check-in using the then mechanical card swipe. With-in one hour my card was locked. Multiple purchase attempts were made using what I knew was the swipe carbon copy. A few laps around the block all was resolved. Disappointed yes, unique to VN no.
When we first transferred money, we had an issue, bank was wary of our multiple transactions. Got it straight with them, All ok now.
However recently had an issue w trying to order a Microsoft product, bank was not the problem. Talked with their chat line to resolve, next thing I know Microsoft closed my account for 'suspicious activity' no explanation, ...we are of course in VN, doing business w debit card in USA. Still no resolution. Flummoxed.

MAc
I don't get fraud alerts from U.S. Bank if they hold a charge (even though all my alerts are set up properly).
So after a large online charge I sometimes call the toll free number on the back of the card.
If there is a pending charge issue, the automatic system will immediately ask me for further information before allowing me to proceed further.
If there are no pending issues after I sign in, I'm automatically directed to the normal main menu
I don't get fraud alerts from U.S. Bank if they hold a charge (even though all my alerts are set up properly).
So after a large online charge I sometimes call the toll free number on the back of the card.
If there is a pending charge issue, the automatic system will immediately ask me for further information before allowing me to proceed further.
If there are no pending issues after I sign in, I'm automatically directed to the normal main menu
- @OceanBeach92107

Yea, OB understandable. After the Microsoft message, I ckd w my bank, no problems. But this issue  w Microsoft sounds like someone grabbed their sippy cup and just went on a break w o investigating anything reportable. Other than account closed due to 'suspicious activity.' w o telling me what suspicious activity.

MAc

@Friday with Mateo  Mateo, this is no consolation, but I get hit be fake debit charges in US about every 4 - 6 months.   Fortunately, NFCU has pretty good algorithms and they catch it.   But still an inconvenirence.

@wecalvin Well ... since Mary McDuffie took over as CEO ... the company has gone down imho ... I have been with NFCU since 1990 ... they fired a bunch of people and replaced with "smart" technology ... but it's actually pretty dumb ... sighhhhh

@Friday with Mateo I don't know about preventing it. I do know what I do. I lock my card all the time with the iOS app. Unlock, use the card, and then lock the card again. I have not had  ATM fraud in awhile but I have had my card skimmed or used after a purchase when I did not lock the card online. The last time maybe was here in Mexico. I get all the alerts from US banks because I use google voice as my contact number and its free. I can also call the bank's US number for free and the number is the recognized account number.

Good scoop ... might just have to follow your lead on that ... thanks man!