My EP got rejected and I sent an appeal

Hello!
My name is Rym and i am Algerian. About 2 months ago, i got a job offer from a Malaysian language center which i accepted, so i was waiting for the visa process to finish in order to plan my trip. Yesterday, the company informed me that my EP was rejected because the ministry of education did consider my degree, and figured that my TEFL certification is not enough. Bare in mind, i have a Master's degree in Applied linguistics as well as 2 years of relevant experience on top of my 120-hour TEFL certificate.
Now, the language center sent an appeal and said to wait until we get a response. Therefore, my question is how long does this process take? And what are the chances of my EP being approved after the appeal?

Thank you so much in advance!
Could be as you are paid too little, or simply the new tough rule that they needed to show they can't get a Malaysian before hiring overseas. This may have been compounded as you are not a native English speaker, the officer just said no.

An appeal is unlikely   but possible especially if your employer made a silly mistake eg wrong paperwork.
@Rymx am sorry to hear this but am not suprised as there are alot of gaps which cannot be explained well enough why rejections happen in Malaysia, sometimes it's a lot to do which side of the bed the approver woke up from, sad but true, or how powerful enough is the company that's recruiting foreign staff. I've never seen anything logical in how they work it's all temperaments.
How long will the appeal take? Well it depends again who has signed the appeal, does the person have a title or no title. People with titles are more visibly addressed than those without, hence some have less choice but to buy titles to help their business grow.
I would suggest you also look to explore Thailand and Indonesia which are another two budding and booming economies to happen.

My best to you..
Stay safe
@Nemodot Thank you!
Im still confused because the company hires alot of foreigners who are both native and non native. That was never a problem yet somehow now it is?
I just hope the problem is with the paperwork.
Thanks again!

@Alex627 Thank you so much!
I completely agree because this "reason" is ridiculous. I cannot tell who signed as the matter was not in my hands; nonetheless, i hope the process does not take that long.
In the meantime, i will check Thailand and Indonesia.
All the best!

Did you get your EP finally? @rymx

@Rymx Hi Rymx,

Can you please provide an update on your matter ?

Did you manage to come to Malaysia and start your job ?

Your experience may be beneficial for others who are in the same situation.

Regards,

Yudi

Hi im facing the same issue too. Did u manage to get your EP after appeal?

How long does it take to hear back after you submit for an EP? Rymx hope it worked out for you.

Hello Tasdid Hossain,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

I suppose you have already applied?

If so, since when?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi Cheryl. My company got the PERKESO approval, and I have sent them all my documents (passport copy, certificates etc). Now they will start processing the EP application. How long will the process take?