Bill of Law N. 22156 -

has anyone heard about any updates, last i saw it was in for presidential signature.
Hi johngarybarber,

Welcome to expat.com! 1f642.svg

Can we get a "Hello'', ''Please" and ''Thank you" in your next posts? This way, other members will be more likely to help.

Cheers,
Vero
Expat.com team

@Vero please and thank you , sorry

@Vero do you know anything about that , thanks ?

Hi

I'm afraid I can't help you, sorry. Hope other members will.

Vero
Expat.com team

@johngarybarber I've been trying to track this, as well.  Last I heard this was signed by the President last year.  https://osatropicalproperties.com/costa … nsioners/  I believe that's accurate.  But, the law awaits regulations which have to be written and published by Costa Rica customs as to how, exactly, it will work.  I'm not sure that's totally accurate, but my understanding is that they're still waiting for these regulations.  I'm sue the ransomware attack on government servers set them back a bit, but it's been over a year since this became law.

Here's a more recent link.  I was wrong: It's Costa Rica Immigration, not Customs, who is responsible for writing the regulations.  This link goes into more depth on why it's held up:

@laramie43 pura vida thing means the waiting is indefinite....enjoy pura vida guys!

New update available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL_hMI9x-Bg

tl;dr: Apparently the law has passed the first debate (presumably legislative) and there was a second debate, but unknown what happened there.  This is at about the 3:30 minute mark of the linked video.  It's not much but it's difficult to find anything on this subject.

Upshot, looks like it's making slow progress after a lengthy delay.

@laramie43

That video is from a year ago.

I admin one of the largest CR expat FB groups. To date (since it was signed in by President Alvarado, there has been no news on this "Law to attract" (Now law 9996)  The best source of current and accurate information would be from Outlier Legal Services; they've been very diligent with reporting latest immigration developments and advocating for immigrants. Here are a couple of recent articles about the law.

/news.outlierlegal.com/2022/10/04/investor-category-in-costa-rica-everything-you-need-to-know/

[link moderated]

laramie43.........Don't call them immigrants ! The X-pat,will be X'd out of Costa Rica,by choice or by chance......