Residence permit - Will they take photo of me?

I registered at IND for residence permit. Will they take photo of me, fingerprints, or just documents?

@kira60 the IND will need to take your photo and fingerprints when they will make your Resident card

@juhanne
I don't understand, some say I need a sticker in my passport to stay there legally, other say I have to register at IND to have a residence permit, again to prove that I stay there legally. So what's the difference between sticker and residence permit? Or it's the same? And why do I have to get a resident card if sticker is enough to stay?
@juhanne
I don't understand, some say I need a sticker in my passport to stay there legally, other say I have to register at IND to have a residence permit, again to prove that I stay there legally. So what's the difference between sticker and residence permit? Or it's the same? And why do I have to get a resident card if sticker is enough to stay?
- @kira60

You are from Ukraine correct? When did you move, before or after the invasion?
There might be different rules for those that have moved after the war.
You will need to ask ING for confirmation.

But normally they take your photo and take your fingerprints.
@SimCityAT
After.
They few months ago said that I have to get a sticker in my passport, some people got it, but I didn't get it, because there was no invitation letter, and there were no more stickers appointments at my location. I was waiting for invitation to get a sticker, Instead in the beginning of this month they launched a Residence permit program, and they don't say what is this - is it a sticker, or something else. So as I understood they stopped a sticker program and now propose only a Resident card?
@kira60 I can't speak to how things might work if this is for an asylum/refugee issue, but when I went through my process for a work permit, the process went:

1. Entrance stamp - received on arrival at Schiphol to prove that I came into the country/EU
2. Registration with Gemeente and IND - This is specific to Amsterdam, other cities might have separate Gemeente/IND offices. Gemeente gave me my BSN, which is the number you need to do really anything here (work, get an apartment in your name, etc) and IND put a sticker in my passport.
3. Receipt of residence card - Went back to the Gemeente/IND location and picked up my residence card.

If this is the same process for you, it might just be you don't have an IND appointment set up yet to receive either of these. Have you had any appointments with the authorities to process paperwork?

@kira60 the sticker in your passport is given by the IND and is temporary during the process of granting you a Resident card if you have asked for one

Hello everyone,

Please note that some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team