Living in Malta

My partner is Maltese and we have property in Malta. I was working in Malta in 2018 for six months. We went back to the uk and lockdown happened so was unable to go back to Malta to sort my ID card out. It runs out in November. How do I go about renewing it. I was in Malta a few weeks ago and went to Malta Id Office they told me I must go to the British embassy in London.
Is there any other way I can renew it.
My partner is Maltese and we have property in Malta. I was working in Malta in 2018 for six months. We went back to the uk and lockdown happened so was unable to go back to Malta to sort my ID card out. It runs out in November. How do I go about renewing it. I was in Malta a few weeks ago and went to Malta Id Office they told me I must go to the British embassy in London.
Is there any other way I can renew it.
- @Gary4rosina

If  you and your partner are in a formal, legally recognised partnership you may be able to obtain residence as the partner of a Maltese Citizen but otherwise you will have to apply as a TCN, it would not be possible to renew your existing residence card as you have passed the deadline post Brexit.

@F0xgl0ve thanks very much for your reply I will look into it.