ESL TEACHER : Changing School without leaving Vietnam

Hello everyone,

I arrived to Thai Binh city a week ago, to work as an English teacher here for a center. I have 3 months business visa awaiting my contract signature so they can provide a temporary residence card. However, I do not fully like the terms of the contract and the work environnement so I'm wondering about having the possibility to work for another center.

My confusion is about the visa expiration and termination of contract, more specifically, do I have to leave the country and be back in order to work with another school? This is because My Invitation letter & visa were provided by this center.

I do not wish to have to leave and be back just to renew the the visa and get a new invitation.

If you have any information in regards to this, please let me know.

Ps: I'm also looking for a new opportunity, any leads would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Hello everyone,

I arrived to Thai Binh city a week ago, to work as an English teacher here for a center. I have 3 months business visa awaiting my contract signature so they can provide a temporary residence card. However, I do not fully like the terms of the contract and the work environnement so I'm wondering about having the possibility to work for another center.

My confusion is about the visa expiration and termination of contract, more specifically, do I have to leave the country and be back in order to work with another school? This is because My Invitation letter & visa were provided by this center.

I do not wish to have to leave and be back just to renew the the visa and get a new invitation.

Thanks in advance.
- @Abdelmaoula Batak

So, Please explain more, if you may about the terms of contract (but not revealing, and work environment sounds sad to hear you are unhappy)  maybe an assist to others.
Mac
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.
- @Abdelmaoula Batak

So, Please explain more, if you may about the terms of contract (but not revealing, and work environment sounds sad to hear you are unhappy)  maybe an assist to others.
Mac
- @Mac68

Unless you work for a truly international school you will find most English centers/schools operate the same way.. unprofessionally and adhering to a strict guidline relating to course materials and lesson plans

It pays to do a lot of research before joining any organisation for work purposes Sher win education. And don't take what they claim in their website to be completely honest.
Just to add, NEVER sign a contract unless you are 100% sure about it. If you don't understand or are unsure parts of it, find someone that can help you understand it.
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.
- @Abdelmaoula Batak
As in most employment situations around the world, it's best to keep your old job while you are looking for a new job.

if you break your contract with your current visa SPONSOR, your current sponsor can easily have you deported.

And you've got it backwards: The letter of invitation comes before the Visa, so you can't exit and then get another visa and then another letter of invitation.

And without making a specific accusation against you, it's worthwhile to note that while you view this issue as a contract dispute, immigration and your current employer could easily take the position that you entered the country under false pretenses.

Your current Visa doesn't give you the special status to break your contract while still legally remaining in the country as you seek out other employment.

Break your contract and you invalidate your visa.
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.
- @Abdelmaoula Batak

When a foreign worker quits his job at a company but still has a valid temporary residence card sponsored by the company, that company has the right to make a written notice to the competent immigration authority of Vietnam for withdrawal of the temporary residence card for that foreigner due to termination of the labor contract or resignation not as permitted by the company.
The company is responsible for coordinating with the immigration agency of Vietnam in sending an official letter requesting the foreign worker to exit Vietnam.
The company will have to draft the official dispatch and attach with it the original of the temporary residence card of the foreigner which has been returned by the foreigner upon his resignation.
As for the case where the foreigner is allowed by the company to early terminate the labor contract,  the company can revoke the temporary residence card and request the immigration authority to offer them a visa for 15 days so that the foreigner has time to arrange his exit from Vietnam or the company can extend the temporary residence card for the foreigner for a few more months to allow him to find a new company that can sponsor his temporary residence card.

Thanks in advance.
- @Abdelmaoula Batak

Welcome to the forum, Abdelmaoula.

You'll find plenty of job ads online, for example "Teaching in Vietnam" Facebook groups and websites such as:

https://vietnamteachingjobs.com

You can also post your CV/resume, or when using social media, make a post indicating your interest in finding a teaching job and let the schools contact you.

Of course, be a bit sceptical about any information/offers you receive.