Any nice pub with nice music?

Beside bangsar, any nice pubs or bar with good music?

Hi kltam,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hi Kitam, try The Reggae Bar in Pasar Seni (Chinatown) it's just a short walk from the LRT, good food, good music (Bob Marley etc.) and the atmosphere's ok.
                    Cheers  Dave

hajimemashite!
watashi wa addrean des.
dozo yoroshiku..

check out changkat bukit bintang.  loads of bars and pubs.

Hi.
Hajimemashite

Well, I have been to changkat already. thx

i am quite new to KL.  any places that you recommend?  I am still trying to find a hangout place and buddies..

I went to Irish pub called Healy Mac's at changkat. Manager is sweet to me. Lots of expats there!

manager is sweet to you because anata wa kawaii des!..:) so you like healy mac's? let me know if you at changkat again.  i just live behind chnagkat and will be more than happy to have a couple of drinks!

Sure!
how can u speak japanese???

how can i let u know i drink there?

Hi,

Try Soul Out (Hartamas), Jarrod Rawlings (Bukit Damansara), Chef & Brew, German Pub (all along Bukit Damansara), Solaris (Kiara - loads of pubs there)

Traditional (membership) - Banker's Club (Armoda Bldg, KL), Selangor Club (Central KL),

With live bands - hotels like Concord in KL.

kltam wrote:

I went to Irish pub called Healy Mac's at changkat. Manager is sweet to me. Lots of expats there!

if it was Guna you met - he has got a new place - a few doors away  - heck i cant recall the name. Well it is right in front of Gypsy.

The Hill in Damansara.

Loads of places in Hartamas.

If you are really into live bands - Ol Skool in PJ. The crowd is a bit aging - but the music is damn good - or at least it is to me after two beers.

cheers,

DA

Hi Kltam,
Any perticular preferences? Describe please.
I have traveled almost Malaysia by road for nightlife, based on your interests, I may suggest some

kuilao wrote:

Hi Kitam, try The Reggae Bar in Pasar Seni (Chinatown) it's just a short walk from the LRT, good food, good music (Bob Marley etc.) and the atmosphere's ok.
                    Cheers  Dave

As the thread has been resurrected - I dropped in there a couple of days ago to dig out an old mate.
It's still a cool hangout but, as I no longer imbibe alcohol, I didn't stay around past my little bit of business.

It's on Jalan Tun HS Lee and easy to find because everyone in the area knows it.

BackYard in Montkiara has very nice environment and good band