Al Jouf or Tabuk???

Hi all.
My family and I have been living in Riyadh for the last few years now. We are well settled there with my kids in school and both of us working. My husbands company has recently told him that he needs to relocate either to Al Jouf or Tabuk. What are these two cities like? Are they anything compared to Riyadh? Do u think we would find it difficult to settle in these cities being used to Riyadh, especially the shopping??!! And are there good schools there?
We cant seem to find much about these two cities so anything would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance...

Hello Princess MA and welcome to Expat.com!

Your discussion has been moved to Saudi Arabia forum for better visibility.

I hope that other members will advise you soon.

Harmonie.:)

Both Jouf and Tabuk are small places compared to Riyadh.

Needless to say that the traffic is better than Riyadh.

It will take some getting used to, your moving towards the Syrian, Iraq, Jordan border with Saudi Arabia.

Would suggest you go and visit, not everyones choice.

Al Jouf is a very small city. I think they have one mall and a women's center where you can go without abaya and go horseback riding and try other fun activities. If you'd like to see some desert animals, you can see them there, because it's mostly desert and farming. They are developing the area though, building newer highways and housing developments. The people are very kind for the most part. It is a more conservative area, culturally. There are restaurants, but many may not have family sections. If you will be living on a compound, then you will most likely be very far from main part of town because most of the compounds are further out in the desert. If you like shopping, then you may have to get used to the limited shopping options in Jouf.

Hey,
I am living in Jouf for the past 8 months. I am living in the "city" Skakah. It is nothing like Riyadh. It is a very very small town. There are no big mega malls. Only one recently opened called Plaza, where u can find City Max and Centre point shops. Other than that, there is a popular street to do shopping, called Shalob street. As regards for groceries, there is Savetown and Othaim, there are also smaller supermarket shops.
There is not much to do here in Jouf. If you had a very active life in Riyadh, well you need to be prepared to have a lot of free time on your hands.
As for schools, I have no idea. I work as a teacher at Al Jouf University. The university is ok.
All I can say is that, it might not be as amazing as Riyadh, but it is certainly peaceful and the people are really nice here.
It is more conservative. It is better for you to wear a niqab if you do go out shopping, the Mattawa does stop women who are not wearing niqab in public. That happened to me once, and to my friend twice.
However, I am sure you will settle in nicely and enjoy yourself. here

Take care

Thank you all sooo very much!! But my husband has managed to keep us in Riyadh - yippee!!!

horacetiger wrote:

:thanks::thanks:

HI !
I HAVE BEEN SELECTED P.

Please don't use caps lock.

Hello ,

I got a position in Al-jouf university and might be joining in September.

@h-tiger : did you join al-jouf ?

Good evening, is there a female accommodation in university of aljouf?

Hello ...
I live in sakaka al Jouf... really it's boring life here
Anybody can rescue me 😂

You need to make Rescue plans to get ou of that boredom

Hi
I want to learn Urdu...
Anyone can help me ??
Thanks in advance