Visiting Cambodia

Hi,

My friend and I are planning to visit Cambodia for 2-8 weeks in October with a view to permanent residence.

Can anybody suggest a good play to stay?  Area, hotel, guest house etc?

My friend will be looking for a job possibly teaching English (native Englishwoman) so obviously location should reflect that.

Hope all is well with everyone.

LC

mmm well everyone I know would tell you to go to sihanoukville. I think I stayed at a place called the beach club while I was there but that was 3 years ago (any place with a fresh water pool is recommended). Most places you can find a variation of prices from 8$-50$. While you're in that area I would recommend heading south to Kampot and look for a decent looking dinning establishment near the beach and have the crab with black pepper.. Kampot Black Pepper used to be/if not still is the standard for cordon bleu chefs (Best crab I EVER HAD!#@).

Other then that I find Phnom Phenh too dirty for my liking. Siem Reap is typical tourism via Angkor.

Thanks Van, I was actually speaking last night a lady here in Egypt who lives there, she said it's a great place to live, so that may well be the first port of call :D

Hi Netyoda,

Just depends on what you're into then it becomes about your time and budget.  But if you're going to be there for a few weeks, take advantage of it all and do check out PP, SR, Battambong, & Kompong Som (Sihanoukville) etc. to see what Cambodia has to offer. 

If you want to know anything specific, just PM me.

I think I will be heading down to Snooky first and maybe checking out the islands down there as well.

As I have to work pretty much daily during my time there, I don't think I'll be able to travel around too much, but I do hope to see a few bits.

can anyone reccomend an apt. for rent in sihanoukville that is cheap and allows pets please - i have checked out some hotels and this is not a long term prospect for me - i have a really good dog who is not trouble

thanks x

also if anyone knows anyone who needs reliable staff in sihanoukville please let me know - i have had masses of experience in all kinds of work

thanks
:)