Marrying a Moroccan and I am from the UK

Hi Everyone,

I would be grateful to get some advice from people who recently married a Moroccan in Morocco.  I have  read a couple of old threads but the marriage process has changed a lot since the last thread I read.

There are a few things I am unsure of as  I am seeing conflicting information on what is required for a foreigner to marry a Moroccan.

I am a UK Muslim female marrying a Muslim Morrocan male.

What documents do  you exactly need, what needs to be legalised and what needs to be translated?

I would be grateful for any help!
@orchidblue hi. We currently have a book on how to get married in Morocco
With example of all that's needed. Feel free to privet message for
More info.

All documents not in Arabic must be translated

Important for you to book your embassy appointment in rabat or Marrakech.

Police record basic DBs from the U.K. is required and work letter and wages slips along with brith certificate.

Should make copies of all and can legalise in Morocco.

Translation you can do in Morocco as much cheaper and better.

Regards

Arif
@Vakil
hello
regarding the criminal record it's a normal one or a different one.? can I use mine that I done for my job?
thank you
@Celia Nogueira normal one is fine from your home country. If the one for work has not exceeded 3 months and you still have thé orignal then it's perfectly fine.

If not then you will need to request a new one.

Regards

Arif
thank you so much

@orchidblue you need birth certificate a police record need proof of your employment proof of your address a physical exam You can do it in Morocco very cheap you need a pregnancy test also do it in Morocco if you were previously divorced proof of divorce original documents everything all documents need to be translated to Arabic o e you have all you need to go to the embacy of Uk in Morocco and show your passport and say you need te permit for marriage in Morocco they will give you same day in Morocco you need to do a back ground check which you can go online and register with your information ans after 3 or 5 days go to the police station in your city in Morocco and het the paper once all papera are done go to court and ask to speak to a notary she will conduct you to all proceedings. Good luck I married in Morocco and it took me a month to process everything

thank you so much
Welcome ☺️