Gender protection

Hi everybody!
I am writing about gender security in Islamic country. Veil is the protection but not because of the religious point of view. Veil has a cultural impact. Did you have an experience of wearing veil  in Egypt for your own protection as an expat? share with your experience.

Each country with its traditional clothes!
In my country, Romania, traditional country clothes are completed with a piece of square cloth, folded in a triangle, a kerchief, that trendy it is worn by women, being tied under the chin or at the nape!
It is considered as a sign of being married, and any wedding it is finished with arranging the kerchief on the hear of the bride. This type of wearing allows part of the hair and ears to be visible for others.
It protects you for the summer sun and for the cold weather.
I cover my hair when I go at church,outside never, even when it snowed, at that time I used a hood from my fur coat. And women from cities don t use it anymore, only when they cook or clean the house not the dust to spoil their hair.
" GENDER PROTECTION?? " I couldn t call this so!  Better tradition of this land, and a VEIL COULD BE TRENDY , too!
I could see a lot of Egyptian ladies wearing it in a very stylish way, and having a CHARM, and a MISTER as if they are from the fashion magazines.

i agree with fivalco....most of veiled women here dont know even hot to apply the islamic rules in dealing with others...with include honesty ... most of em are hippocrite ...the same thing can be thaught about long bearded people here who claim they re more pure than the others...despite being a muslim and egyptian.. religion and tradition has been abused in this country.. and such concepts have been manipulated and (reformated)..seriously how many of us saw those girls covering their heads and wearing the most revieling and provoking outfits...i am sorry to say this but it came out of personal experience...religion is not always how to wear ...it include also how to deal with ppl in different situations...one thing to add...the veil is not only a costum or an outfit, it is also behavioural...