French driving license in Michigan

Hello

I will soon be relocating from France to Ann Arbor to work in software engineering (by the way, I'm looking for housing...) and I was wondering what was the process to be able to drive legally over there? I have a French driving license, and I hope I don't have to do it all over again (written, road test etc.).

Thanks a bunch!
Hello

I will soon be relocating from France to Ann Arbor to work in software engineering (by the way, I'm looking for housing...) and I was wondering what was the process to be able to drive legally over there? I have a French driving license, and I hope I don't have to do it all over again (written, road test etc.).

Thanks a bunch!
- @fricadelle591

You already drive on the right side of the road so you won't have much problems with the driving here.

Since your native language is not English, you may  have to prove your proficiency in it, but I doubt you'll need to take any driving related tests.

I suggest you get an International driving license in France first for initial use in the US and then use your French license to apply for a US one. There may or may not be a waiting period before you can do this. Your US company's HR should be able to advise you on specifics.
Hello

Thanks a bunch!
- @fricadelle591

You already drive on the right side of the road so you won't have much problems with the driving here.

Since your native language is not English, you may  have to prove your proficiency in it, but I doubt you'll need to take any driving related tests.

I suggest you get an International driving license in France first for initial use in the US and then use your French license to apply for a US one. There may or may not be a waiting period before you can do this. Your US company's HR should be able to advise you on specifics.
- @Turbotezza

There is no language requirement to obtain a driver's license.   There are many non-English speakers in this country that drive legally!  Also, there is no such thing as an International driving license.  There is however an International Drivers Permit which is merely a translation of a non-English language printed license, to English.  However an IDP isn't needed from France as it is a recognized treaty country.

Romaniac