Travellers returning to China

Has anyone entered China recently ? I would highly appreciate if you could share your experience.
Anyone quarantine in ChongQing recently? How was it? Hotel or government facilities?  Quality of the accommodations? Food? Can you order food delivery?   I quarantined in Shanghai last time (2020) and it was terrible so I want to brace myself if need be. 
Thanks
Hi @chora

I am currently abroad with a valid China visa and will be returning to the mainland in few weeks time.

Log on to the China embassy in your country and fill up their mandatory International Health Travellers Vaccination and travelling e-form.  All the requirement set of information are clearly stated there.

Warm regards.
@AlinaBMY

Thanks @AlinaBMY
@AlinaBMY

Do you know if we still need to depart from our home country, or could we make a return travel to a third country?
Hi @GiKimTuyet

I'm departing from home country because one of the requirement mentioned by the China Embassy in Singapore is a print out copy of flight ticket that departed from China.

In addition @GiKimTuyet, the strict Covid-19 PCR test: 48 and 24 hours before check-in.

@AlinaBMY I have also read things that make me think that the PCR tests need to be done in the location of departure of the flight that flies into China, which isn't necessarily the origin - and can't be for the UK since the UK has no direct flights into China.

I was left with the idea that I needed, maybe, 4 PCR tests...two in the UK before departure, and two at the transit airport. Since it's 24hr & 48hr, you need to spend quite some time at the transit airport; and some airports limit how long you can spend in transit, so you would need to exit the airport, which would require a visa for that country.

Transiting through Hong Kong might be easier for a UK citizen, since no visa is required, but I'll be blowed if I can find a flight from UK to Beijing with Cathay Pacific. Perhaps it needs to be 'multi-city'.

At this point, I'm thinking I need a travel agent to sort this out for me - ie to arrange for the PCR tests and an hotel in the transit city.

Does anyone know of a good agent?
I'm waiting to return to China as I have family there. I note there are now quite few flights touting London to Taiwan then to Shanghai, albeit not cheap.  Also a long stopover in Taiwan with a transfer of airport sometimes making it necessary to test at the airport in Taiwan.  Taiwan change their rules to allow this airport transfer.
I am not sure whether this applies to the above route but I have heard from reliable sources that flight routes from Canada to China have been subject to many last minute flight cancellations.  Requiring the Covid testing to be restarted.