I Need a Canadian Accountant Familiar with Dominican Tax Law

Hello,

I am a Canadian looking for  a Canadian Accountant who has filed tax returns to the Canada Revenue Agency regarding income I have made in the Dominican Republic. Has anyone been down this road?

Thank you
ITs a good question, I am unable to help  with.  Anyone else?
Would they need to know specifically about Dominican taxes paid, or just how foreign taxes are handled? I know in the US, it doesn't matter what foreign country you earn income in, the tax treatment on the US side is the same.
Canada and the D.R. have a tax treaty ensuring that no Canadians or Dominicans are double taxed on earnings made in either country
I will suggest to contact revenue Canada. Yes DR and Canada have a treaty. Your income will be deducted at the source by 18%
@louis64d 

Thank you for this advice Loius64d.  Have you been through this process before? I will be contacting Revenue Canada to discuss. I know my Dominican employer wanted to deduct 28% at the source and I opted to direct this process thru the CRA.
Any other advice you have would be appreciated...

Steve
@Steverio777

Hi never been through this process but I read about it. Share your story with revenue Canada I am definitely interested.

Thanks 

@Steverino7777   If you reside full time in DR you shouldn't be taxed by Canada. I don't reside in Canada and only pay withholding tax on my rented property back in Canada 

@Steverino7777   If you reside full time in DR you shouldn't be taxed by Canada. I don't reside in Canada and only pay withholding tax on my rented property back in Canada 

- @elleceepea

You need to file documents with the Canada Revenue Agency declaring that you are no longer a resident to get the benefit of not being taxed by Canada.
You need to go fully NON resident to  not pay the taxes. Its a process and as you can imagine has a full set of rules attached.
It's a very quick process, you phone CRA and tell them you're leaving. You are allowed to still own property in Canada but it must be leased and you pay a monthly withholding tax on it to CRA
You file an 'Exit Return' (similar to death) announcing your departure....

Quit any clubs - or go Non-resident -
Not that hard

You pay capital gains (like death) and your money becomes tax free.
Smart move is to move all the money/assets ahead of time - less papers to file & taxes to pay

Yes - I did it....1995