To find a job

Hello dear,
This is khaled from afghanistan i want to ask about the job opportunities in cape verde in the doctor profession , can they hire me there? Or any other job ?
Plz someone guide me ! 
Thanks in advance.
Hello dear,
This is khaled from afghanistan i want to ask about the job opportunities in cape verde in the doctor profession , can they hire me there? Or any other job ?
Plz someone guide me ! 
Thanks in advance.
- @abdulkhaled949

Hi Abdul/Khaled,

Unfortunately, if you cannot speak Portuguese (or Spanish) fluently, there is no way to work here in the medical profession. Portuguese is the official language of the country and the patients do not speak English, so you would not be able to communicate with them or with the healthcare workers (nurses, lab techs, etc, etc). They understand quite a bit of Spanish as the languages are quite similar (there are many Cuban doctors here).

There are a few private clinics which serve English-speaking expats on Sal and Boavista, but as you might imagine, there are very few of them so there are no open positions. Also, they are not equipped like hospitals, so it's only serving simple health-care needs.

Regards,

Angelo