Companies requesting me to come in person after arriving in NL

I am curious on the ability to talk about job possibilities with prospective employers on a tourist vacation/visit.  I have temporary housing for 3 months and as an american i do not need a visa to stay in NL.  I am not allowed to "look for a job" while on "vacation" but I am actively applying now months ahead of going.  I have numerous managers interested and saying they would hire me but I need to be in NL first. Wont give a contract online until they meet me first in NL.  Am I allowed to set up many appointments for the time I will be there?  Ahead of time? See/talk with future employers?  Is it considered "job hunting" if they are requesting to meet me in person first and I do while I am there? I for sure do not want to break any existing norms or rules.  Anyone know?
I would be careful only because of losing the 30% tax ruling. 

I completely applied and interviewed online from the United States and even got my job offer while still in the United States. And now I'm moving to the Netherlands to start my job and have the write rules in place.

I am curious on the ability to talk about job possibilities with prospective employers on a tourist vacation/visit.  I have temporary housing for 3 months and as an american i do not need a visa to stay in NL.  I am not allowed to "look for a job" while on "vacation" but I am actively applying now months ahead of going.  I have numerous managers interested and saying they would hire me but I need to be in NL first. Wont give a contract online until they meet me first in NL.  Am I allowed to set up many appointments for the time I will be there?  Ahead of time? See/talk with future employers?  Is it considered "job hunting" if they are requesting to meet me in person first and I do while I am there? I for sure do not want to break any existing norms or rules.  Anyone know?
- @offmana

Hi again.

Be careful.   Just to clarify, what you don't need is a visa to be an American tourist.  Further, you can't work, or attend interviews for specific jobs unless you have the appropriate work visa.  Dutch law requires companies to first employ Dutch nationals and then EU citizens before they consider what the EU call "Third Country Nationals".  There is nothing stopping you from having conversations with anybody outside of that scenario.  There is also nothing stopping you from selling your own services, but then you are classed as self-employed and there is a different visa for that.

As for the tax break - you only qualify if you are employed from outside of the Netherlands; there are other requirements if this is something you are seriously hoping for.

There are also "Highly Skilled Migrant" visas, but we're now moving miles away from your original question.

Cynic
Expat Team