Ausbildung Content has changed in last year of Ausbildung ??

HI everyone, I have been in a working Ausbildung since March 2020, and it was scheduled to end December 2022. My company has now informed me in the 6th month of the year 2022 ( June 2022 )  that the format and length of the Ausbildung has changed and that I will be required to continue working and studying an extra 6 months. 

Is a company, school allowed to change the format in the last year of a workers apprenticeship ?  Extend it, minimize the study days and or maximize the hours in the days than what was first agreed upon or presented at the onset of empolyment ? 

Thank you all for your time 

S
Check your apprenticeship contract or consult a suitable professional adviser or lawyer - it is unlikely anyone here knows the answer to such a specific question (that isn't even expat-specific)!
HI everyone, I have been in a working Ausbildung since March 2020, and it was scheduled to end December 2022. My company has now informed me in the 6th month of the year 2022 ( June 2022 )  that the format and length of the Ausbildung has changed and that I will be required to continue working and studying an extra 6 months. 

Is a company, school allowed to change the format in the last year of a workers apprenticeship ?  Extend it, minimize the study days and or maximize the hours in the days than what was first agreed upon or presented at the onset of empolyment ? 

Thank you all for your time 

S
- @sashenka

It´s a bit unusual.

Has your school or your examining body (IHK?) notified you of this, have you received this information in writing or was it just conveyed verbally by your employer?