Residency Visas

Hello!

I live in Los Angeles and have been trying to schedule an appointment at the consulate without success to apply for a temporary residency visa, does anyone know if there is a service that could expedite an appointment? The website is confusing and calling simply results in a recommendation to call back another day. 

I appreciate any ideas or recommendations.

Thanks, Randy
My husband and I just got permanent residency visas in NY.  Appointment had to be booked on-line, appointment schedule for week was posted at 8:30 Mon. and appointments often gone by 8:32.  We were unable to figure out how to do it, refreshing page didn't work, but my son, who is more computer savvy than average, did it and got appointment.  We had planned to speak to an immigration lawyer if he hadn't done it.  I don't know if it's same system in LA.  We went to consulate in person before getting appointment, but were told had to do it on-line.

Good-luck!!
HI. Did you and your husband get appts together or separate but same day? I keep reading everyone needs their own appt. We live 3 hours one way from our consulate so really want to go sane time. Thanks.
Panbo84 seems to have a successful plan. I would try that and if you still can't get the response you are looking for I would suggest going with the visitor visa. Originally that was what was required.  and after two years of that, you could apply for a temporary.

Then with a new president, many things that were expat-friendly were eliminated. If you don't speak Spanish you should learn it.

Good luck

@hilton463 We had a similar problem in Denver and ended up just having to go into the office to talk to someone. For us once they knew what we wanted it was quick and we were able to make an appointment to come back with all the necessary paperwork. The online system showed no appointments available when we needed it but there were plenty of appointments in person too. Calling only worked for a special extension and even then it was random when someone would pick up. When in person we didn't have to stand in the regular line but someone does have to notify the right person about the specific need. Certain office for this but could be different in LA.

@hilton463 Oh and could be different in LA but  we each needed a separate appointment even though married and had to bring proof of marriage. Plus income requirements on website in Denver were wrong. It wasn't savings (certain amount in each state) OR regular income. It was both needed.

@panbob84

Thanks for the reply!  I will try to be the first caller in the morning. I have heard that it is pretty tough here in LA and other consulates in the state will only refer me to the one in LA. I will keep trying.

Congrats on your visas!

Randy
@lanigma

Thanks for the info!   

I have heard different consulates have different rules (go figure) and that Denver, Phoenix, Las Vegas and others seem to be easier to get into and through the process in the States and I would travel if need be.  I will find out if an in person visit might speed up the appointment.

Thank you, Randy
@travellight

Thank you! 

I know things have changed since the beginning of this year. I was originally going to do that but as I will be sailing down I felt it better for me to be able to stay longer than the 180 days I might get and with no assurances that I would get another 180 days after a short trip out of the country.

Thanks, Randy
@hilton463

In Cancun their appt computers crash. If you cannot get an appt you must camp out in line at 4:00 am as they accept just a few without an appointment.

Where can I get Mexican citizenship fast?

@jackie2023  There is No fast way of getting citizenship. You can start with getting your Temporary or Permanent Residency first.... (if you meet the financial requirements). There's a lot to learn if your just starting and a lot of good info on this fourm that can help you, and a lot on internet.