Covid Vaccination

Hi,

I am from Switzerland and wish to travel to Mauritius by end of July. I am not vaccinated for the Covid. What are the sanitary restrictions in Mauritius? Do I have first to stay in quarantine?

Thanks and best regards

Noor
Hello Noor,

You will have to self isolate in the accommodation of your choice for 7 days.

Click on unvaccinated guests here : https://mauritiusnow.com/

As for restrictions, since March, they are as follows : https://www.facebook.com/10700514775380 … 90739/?d=n

Regards,
Anoushka

I have arrived in Mauritius, I have not been vaccinated, I would like to be vaccinated after my self-isolation is complete, how should I make an appointment?

If I make an appointment by phone, I can only speak Chinese, can I do it?
Hello Wu Xuping,

They won't understand chinese.... try to make an appointment online : https://c-caremauritius.as.me/schedule.php

Regards,
Anoushka
@Wu Xuping
You know the jabs don't work..? 12% efficacy In the first week and less than 1% after that..
But as long as you know that it's up to you. 
@Anou86
Thank you

Thank You @AuntyBooboo

@AuntyBooboo That's completely at odds with any medical or scientific publications. What's the basis for your statement? Interested. 

@AuntyBooboo

Don't know where you got this information. If you have scientific data, please enlighten us. Otherwise, please keep the rumor to yourself.
@Wu Xuping

I did not make any appointments. 10 June I went to Mapou Anjalay Stadium. I went in, gave them my ID and my previous vaccine records, then took my jab, waited for 10~15mins, then I went home to rest. I'm not sure if they still care about the first letter of your ID, but better follow the schedule date.
We went recently to the James Burty Gymnasium in Curepipe. We were the only ones there and so no restrictions by name etc. Last vaccination is at 2.00pm. I think they are open Monday to Saturday.
@Pandora At Dodoland
Thank you, I have gone to the private hospital linked by the administrator to register the vaccine yesterday. The fee is 300 rupees. Do you charge for the injection?
@Wandlewed
Thank you, I have gone to the private hospital linked by the administrator to register the vaccine yesterday. The fee is 300 rupees. Do you charge for the injection?
Private clinics charge Rs 300.00.

The 2 vaccination centres mentioned above are public and free.
Depending on where you live there must be a free public vaccination somewhere.

Where are you located ?
@Wu Xuping

Hello Xuping,

No, government one is free of charge. Just the taxi fare costs me 🤑

Cheers!
Pandora
@Anou86
***, Port Louis.

@Wu Xuping

The nearest vaccination centre is Plaine Verte Youth Centre
Phone : 216 70 16

Maybe you could call at the Dr A. G. Jeetoo Hospital (Civil Hospital), Port Louis as well to know if they are vaccinating people.
203 1001

Hello all,

Concerning vaccination pass, please read the following article, it seems that it will be abolished from tomorrow 1st July

"It's not just masks and limiting the number of people at gatherings that will be lifted on Friday July 1. Vaccination cards and vaccination passes will no longer be required across the country.

Mauritians must put their vaccination card or digital pass in the closet. The government having taken the decision to restore freedom of movement to everyone.

A relief for citizens who have chosen not to be vaccinated. They could also have access to many places which were forbidden to them until now, such as hotels or restaurants and other places of relaxation.

However, there will be certain exceptions relating to employees in certain sectors such as health and tourism, among others. They must have Fully Vaccinated status.

The authorities are calling on Mauritians, even if the restrictions have been lifted, to get vaccinated, especially for the booster dose.

The regulations will be amended accordingly and published in the state gazette by Friday."

You can translate the article using google.