What do I need to rent a house and move smoothly?

Am currently living in Denmark with my British boyfriend, where we're considering moving to London for up to 6 months. He'll be able to move over no problem, but for me I'm just wondering what exactly I need to prepare, in order for us to rent a place and move smoothly? More info on me:

-I have an Argentine passport and Danish resident card 
-I currently have a visa in Denmark which my company pay for
-We will both be working remotely (WFH) as our companies are in Copenhagen 
-we both have enough money 
-we will both be returning to Denmark eventually so just moving to London temporarily 

Let us know  if you need more info 👍

Thanks 
Hello MrRrM,

Welcome to Expat.com1f603.svg

Have you checked the Living in England guide?

Otherwise, I highly recommend that you do so.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
Am currently living in Denmark with my British boyfriend, where we're considering moving to London for up to 6 months. He'll be able to move over no problem, but for me I'm just wondering what exactly I need to prepare, in order for us to rent a place and move smoothly? More info on me:

-I have an Argentine passport and Danish resident card 
-I currently have a visa in Denmark which my company pay for
-We will both be working remotely (WFH) as our companies are in Copenhagen 
-we both have enough money 
-we will both be returning to Denmark eventually so just moving to London temporarily 

Let us know  if you need more info 👍

Thanks 
- @MrRrM

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I think you may need a visa for this trip if you are going to be working while in the UK, the fact you're working from home is largely irrelevant; I suggest you check the UK Gov website; this link will take you straight to it.  The issue will be around you working while in the UK, whatever, think about what you're going to say before you tell anybody.  Suffice it to say, if you were not working, you would not need any visa, just a valid passport.

Rent a place - probably Airbnb is your best bet, just make sure it has wifi.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

@MrRrM
Firstly, the vast majority of rental properties are offered on Assured Shorthold Contracts, and the minimum term of such a contract is six months. So renting for "up to" six months could prove difficult and very expensive.

Secondly, with an Argentine passport you must choose between entering as a visitor (generally possible for a stay up to 180 days, and this cannot be extended) or getting a visa allowing you to work. Do not expect this to be simple when your employer is not in the UK! Visa regulations have not caught up with modern patterns of digital work. And if you enter as a visitor and let them know that you have a British boyfriend who has a flat in London you will immediately be seen as presenting a high risk of over-staying, and so may be refused entry.