Best internet service in manama Bahrain

hi every one

i am new to bahrain ................. could any one of you suggest me about best internet service in manama bahrain ..............

i am looking for best available internet connection in manama ....whether wireless usb device or dsl(is there any ???)

please give your suggestion with specific package or service provider name

Hi fraz ali!

I hope other members will help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Fraz Ali,

That's a tricky question ! If you really want to compare all of them, you are going to need a day or two :D
Each and every offer is so specific, it's very difficult to see trhough it.
Batelco is the historic operator for phone and internet. Viva and Zain are challenging Batelco since a couple of years now and they have great offers also. Then you have also Menatelecom, Lightspeed (Orange) and probably a few others I forgot about.
Most of them are offering broadband internet (through a land line and a box)as well as GPRS/3G/Edge internet.
Basically your choice will rely on two major criterias :
1. What will you do with your internet ?
2. Where do you live ?

If you need the internet just for some internet banking, google a little and skype from time to time, any of them will do.
If you are a big downloader, a hardcore gamer or even need the internet for your business, it's another story...
Some packages are pretty fast, but you might experience line drops, slow-downs or even sometimes you'll find it hard to connect.
The second point (Where do you live) has a great influence in that as well. Some providers are much stronger in certain areas than others.
Be aware also that there is "Fair usage policy" which implies that when you reach a certain threshold of data downloaded, your speed will be divided by two. Here is Batelco's explanation about that :
"Batelco's Fair Use Policy (FUP), was introduced to make sure all customers get fast and reliable Broadband services and to give customers control over their access speeds and monthly payments.

All packages come with unlimited free usage but, different access speeds are applied after reaching the different threshold levels associated with each package. However don't worry. even if you reach 100% of your threshold, we won't charge you excess download fees. Instead, we will simply slow down your connection as listed below until the start of your next billing month."

The other providers apply the same policy, saying that Batelco imposes that...

So my advice is : make clear what you want and have a walk in a mall, you will find stands of most of the providers and the salesmen will be more than happy to make you dream :D

Yours

Olivier

i would suggest to activate internet on batelco sim

it has a very nice network i myself use it and teether to my laptop

or else you can also take zain @home broadband  10 BD per month

Dear guys,

Just to remind you to read the dates of the messages...
Fraz ali's message is 19 months old so I really hope he made up his mind since then ;p

Cheers and have a great day :p

Olivier