Car advice

As we are now committed to leaving Malta, can anyone suggest the best place for us to try and sell our Car (2006 Toyota Ractis family car).

I will definitely put an entry in the Classifieds on this site, and I am thinking about maltapark too. Anywhere else? Does anyone know of a car dealer who buys cars too?

PM me if anyone reading this is interested in it.

Regards
Tim

Oh bxxxxr!!!

I've literally collected a Renault Scenic today that I sourced and shipped from the UK... cos I couldn't find a decent sub compact family car here at a sensible price!... !*!*!*!

and so sorry that you have decided to move on... but being a long-term expat nomad myself, I can appreciate where you are coming from and worse still, being an even longer term 'hammers' man... I can appreciate even more the depths of depression... but hey ho! we'll win the ŽChampionshipŽthis season (sounds better than the Žpremiership' anyway!!!)

Arghhh! Well enjoy your Scenic anyway. We would take our car with us but it would have almost no value at all in the UK as the Ractis is not sold there and used cars are realistically priced anyway...unlike here. Hopefully others will realise our is for sale at a sensible price and we can get a quick sale.

Here's to a short stay in the Championship and BFS getting everything sorted.

If anyone knows anyone who might be interested in our car - please forward me their details.

Cheers
Tim

Tim,

what price are you asking for it ??

I will put details on our intranet here for you

Julian

Cheers Julian.

We think €7000 is a fair price but for a quick sale etc. we would negotiate.

I tried to put a classified ad on this site, but it hasn't shown up yet. I have a picture and more details I can send you if you send me your email address in a PM.

Tim

Thanks Tim,

I'll listen around too and see if someone is interested.

Cheers
Ricky

A couple of tips, I have noticed here in Malta for selling cars, Start by choosing a picture of a different car, Like a Hummer or a Porche, then put the price at 1 Euro you get loads of interested buyers, then you sell them your Toyota. Price is very fair on your car, don't take any silly offers. Jim

Good idea Jim!

My Ad is up in the classifieds. I have more pictures and detail if anyone is interested.

Tim

jim IPTV wrote:

A couple of tips, I have noticed here in Malta for selling cars, Start by choosing a picture of a different car, Like a Hummer or a Porche, then put the price at 1 Euro you get loads of interested buyers, then you sell them your Toyota. Price is very fair on your car, don't take any silly offers. Jim

I'm not convinced by that technique, personally I wouldn't trust an ad like that - and certatinly wouldn't make an offer. It is just disreputable!

Hi Tim,

your car add is on a Maltese friends facebook and has been shared so maybe somebody unknown to you or me will contact you.

I wish you luck and a good sell.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks for the info Ricky - perhaps we have mutual friends without knowing it!

We have had considerable interest already.

"abuchanan" I bought my wife on an add similar to that and she's been fine. Those Toyota's are quite popular in the States Tim so I guess Toyota launched that model there to Regards, Jim

Car is SOLD! Thanks for everyone's help/advice/support.

Maltapark produced quite a lot of interest. We sold it for €6,800 - probably should have put it on Maltapark for more than we did - maybe €7,500 initially, but we wanted a quick sale and we got it so no complaints really.

Of course this being Malta there was a bit of drama involved that we will look back on and laugh about one day (or maybe not!)

Also, rather than going to ADT and standing in line for hours we went with the buyer to an Insurance Company and did the transaction there, they will then go to ADT later in the day and get the official paperwork done. I think there was a small fee to the buyer for this - probably worth it in saved time.

One other thing - there was a fine levied on our car that we had no idea about...it was only €11.62 - so my wife asked the bloke at the Insurance Company how there can be a fine on the car that we didn't know about and his reply and mine in unison was "This is Malta"...LOL. Anyway, the buyer wanted us to pay the fine, but I told him "Your getting a full tank of petrol worth €50 that you didn't expect, you can pay the fine, sunshine" to which he said OK.

Tim

€ 11.62 = Lm 5 - thats the penalty for the most minor traffic offences (which used to include running a red light)

its one of the few good things about Malta - that no fines can go unpaid..they must be settled prior to renewing insurance and tax....

well done for getting ya car sorted quickly....

lets hope the actual transfer goes thru as quickly..just a word of warning - as a friend of mine left it to someone else to finalise and as the guy didnt do it that quick or at all he ended up with a rake a fines for speeding and parking...unknown to him.....as until its all finalised any penalties fall at the registered owners door.

Will keep our fingers crossed

I just renewed my car insurance and tax today . So that means that as of today there is no unpaid ticket on my car otherwise it would have popped up during the process ? I wasn't expecting one but you never know .....

Glad you sold your car for a reasonable price Tim.

Cheers and happy driving to everyone
Ricky