Need advice

Helly Guys,

I need advice! I'm entitle to apply for either Citizenship or Permanent residence. My Aufenthaltstitel will expire December. 
My question is...am I allow to apply for both at the same time? Citizenship application take 8- 12 months  plus and Permanent residence take 3 - 6 months depends (München)...  both requirements are the same and ready.

Have a nice weekend 
I think you will have to apply for a settlement permit but once eligible you can also apply for citizenship. But I think your current residency will be ending by the time you can even apply for citizenship. As you know, the citizenship process takes time and even with all of the needed documents, not everyone gets approved.

But no, they are not all the same requirements although many are the same. Citizenship will require more documents and the citizenship test.

Information about residency:

Information about naturalization:

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes am eligible to apply for Citizen. ( Paragraph 28 Spouse of a Citizen. Almost Fifth year..
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes am eligible to apply for Citizen. ( Paragraph 28 Spouse of a Citizen. Almost Fifth year..
- @Emmytender77

2 Points. One cannot let their residency permission run out while waiting for citizenship to be decided. The other thing is that meeting the basic requirements to be allowed to apply for citizenship does NOT mean it will be approved! Many people are turned down.

They look at many factors and come to a decision. Just being still married and having lived in Germany long enough and having passed the citizenship test and needed B1 German test are not enough. They look at one's financial situation to determine if one is is likely to be able to support themselves in the future without needing public assistance. So they look at one's accommodation and rent or if they own property, they look at their job, salary, assets, if they have paid their taxes and maintained their social contributions and health insurance. They look if one has had criminal, legal problems.

Particularity, if a foreigner's spouse is the sole  earner or makes most of the money, what happens if they divorce some years later? Does the person have the skills to work and earn enough on their own? If this is in question and the person also did poorly, although passing, the German test, they might consider it a risk.

The other thing to think of is that most non-EU people have to renounce their former citizenship to get German. This has consequences. If one later gets tired of Germany for any reason they might not be able to return to their original country so easily, if at all. The new government has proposed changing this and allowing everyone getting German citizenship to retain their original one but this is not passed yet, if it actually ever will. It might be worth it to talk to German officials about the status and likelihood that this law will really happen. If one would like to retain their original citizenship it might be worth it to wait until such a new law goes into effect.
@TominStuttgart Well spoken.. I met all requirements. I get your point applying for Permanent residence give me a breathing space and save landing...and also gives  more time to go for Citizenship. 

Thanks 

@TominStuttgart I have to reconsider this point... One cannot let their residency permission run out while waiting for citizenship to be decided.