Clarification on temporary residency

Hi all

We are Planning to retire to Cyprus at the end of this year. But, I have become confused about which Visa We need. We originally thought that We could arrive in Cyprus for 90 days and whilst there apply for a temporary residence permit which we could renew annually until we qualify for permanent residency.

However, I am reading about a Category F Visa which seems to be what I need to retire to Cyprus. Any guidance from anyone who has retired post Brexit would be helpful.

We do plan to engage a solicitor or an enabler when we arrive to help us through the process, hopefully that will make it easier.
@MacGeorge8035

You can do it the way you have mentioned Mac, i think the Cat F can also be used, more so if your intending on purchasing property, from what i can recall, the F has several different requirements, i'll try dig out the latest info, as opinions and requirements seem too change depending on who U ask etc...>)   What info have U got on Cat F so far....?>

Steve.
Take the easy stress free option Gwennys Red tape services.. about 180 - 200 euros per person
Toon

I plan to use Gwennys, I have already checked her out on Facebook.  Can we engage them before arrival?
Hi Steve

We have recently moved to Cyprus and we're also looking at a Cat F visa. We have used a local solicitor to sort out all the red tape including opening a bank account etc. we still have to attend the meetings in person but he sorts out all the appointments, paperwork etc (the whole process has been stress free so far). I'm sure that this is by no means the cheapest option but we felt more comfortable trusting our private documentation with a legal professional

The solicitor we used is Nick Kourris in Paphos tel 00 357 99775812 but obviously there are others who may be cheaper (we used Nick on several other legal matters so felt he was the right advocate for us)

Regards
Apologies I meant Mac not Steve
Not 100% sure but I think you can  get them to do the prep work but may have to pay them upfront ...
If you are comfortable with Gwennys go for it.. but I can also vouch for Nick Kourris as I have used him for house purchase and various other legal matters .. he's very good
@anthonyfarrow

Thanks Anthony, nice too hear from someone that's done the Cat F, recently, If you dont mind can i ask what the whole process cost etc, i have heard of that firm, and where have you ended up buying...?  We are intent on a Villa in a local Village... called Anarita...

Steve.
@anthonyfarrow

That's ok... i,m in same boat... recently returned from Cyprus and back out again July, house here on market  Sept....

Steve.
Anthony

What was the cost for the solicitor.
I see you may be considering off Plan George,  i think a brand spanker new house is every womans dream, a thing too keep in mind, is the hug increase in building material costs the last 2 years, which area have you intentions on living...~?

Steve.
Hi Mac

Nick usually charges circa €1000 but did me a deal at €700 as we had used him for other things (house purchase etc). As he had loads of our paperwork relating to the house purchase etc it made sense to use him)

We bought a place in Peyia (lots of expats but that is what suits us).
@anthonyfarrow

That for a couple Anthony....?>

Steve.
Why not buy a property first and then just apply for residency?  I am not aware of what a Cat F visa is but we simply booked an appointment at the immigration, took the necessary documents and it was done. Took a very long time to come through for a non EU spouse but it was the same procedure.
Cat F, involves a Purchase or Rental, The usual documents etc, and negates the need too wait 5 years for Residency, i think it's 12-18 months.  In regards too your question Pete, even with my silky smooth persuasion skills, i am not gonna convince my missus too purchase a property, and then apply for residency, she could worry a nest of ants...:)
Hi Mac

That figure is for both of us
Cat F is usually self sufficiency with sufficient funds to live on without being a burden on the state... And no work is allowed..
Fast track residency involves a house purchase in excess of a specific value and still takes a long time but it's still only temporary residency and then renewed each year until  completed 5 years full time residency with proof when you must apply for permanent residency.